THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Beautiful day for a brisket. Will be using the LSG offset but I'm using my charcoal basket for the first time since I've had the thing for over a year and a half or at least that's the plan. Curious how it'll work.

Nice 14lb prime packer from Costco

6BvmBrGh.png

What she looked like out of the cryo

VLWtYDah.png

Went for an aggressive trim this time and broke out the new Rapala

J26OwJlh.png

Ready for surgery

fZ4PhJjh.png

Trimmed the fat cap up really well

U1ppUwLh.png

Shaped/squared it off by trimming some of the sides . Got about 3 1/2 lbs of trimmed pieces left and I like to mix it with chuck for a killer burger. :thumb:

OLD8IlLh.png

Nice marbling including the flat :thumb:

UPGZBuph.png

And ready at 7.5 lbs. Total unusable waste was about 3lbs. Not bad at all.

4ts8K6Ch.png

TsTg4xWh.png

Nice choice in beer. Rapala knives are awesome and wicked sharp. Nice brisket

Your lucky, I bought a Costco card specifically for brisket. Butcher told me they don't even get em anymore....just the flats

Your lucky, I bought a Costco card specifically for brisket. Butcher told me they don't even get em anymore....just the flats

Suck man! We've been blessed with prime packers from Costco since 2013.

Looks good Sako. Our Costco only carries flats. They are $6 a pound. Sam's carries packers so I joined up there. All they carry are choice packers but some are pretty nice.

I'll have a beer or 5 with you while watching your cook. Natty Ice for me today. Yeah I know but it was on sale pretty cheap. :-D

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out....I mean I know it'll be great, but I was thinking of aggressively trimming my next brisket like you did....:pop2:
I'm ready when it's done! :hungry: :becky:

Oh and I agree with Adams, those Rapala knifes are nice and sharp!

Looks good Sako. Our Costco only carries flats. They are $6 a pound. Sam's carries packers so I joined up there. All they carry are choice packers but some are pretty nice.

I'll have a beer or 5 with you while watching your cook. Natty Ice for me today. Yeah I know but it was on sale pretty cheap. :-D

Thanks John! We didn't have full packers at Costco either until the past 3 years. Only flats and even today they go for $8/lb.

Nothing wrong with Natty. Cheers!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out....I mean I know it'll be great, but I was thinking of aggressively trimming my next brisket like you did....:pop2:
I'm ready when it's done! :hungry: :becky:

Oh and I agree with Adams, those Rapala knifes are nice and sharp!

Thanks Andrew! Trying to go with a purdy brisket and nice even sized slices.

Ok

Laid some chunks midway

x8gK4Uch.png

A big bag and a half of KComp altogether and a few more chunks of on top

5vZ4BGKh.png

And lift off

hGWKfjdh.png

Locomotive's moving slowly :grin: Coming up temp slowly and billowing smoke's cleared up now than what the pic shows.

kjDQU1gh.png

Back