THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texmex01

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
J.R.
Anyone here have any experience with these?
I need a replacement gas grill and this looks like a good package

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Gourmet-7-Burner-Propane-Griddle/dp/B013AZCR6Q"]Amazon.com : Outdoor Gourmet ProTM Triton 7-Burner Propane Grill and Griddle Combo, Color: Black : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QwIVA-45L.@@AMEPARAM@@41QwIVA-45L[/ame]

41QwIVA-45L.jpg

They are pretty flimsy from what I've seen in Academy.- the outdoor gourmet line not that one in particular. My cheapo Brinkmann is much stouter. Get a Brinkmann 4 burner and order Camp Chef SG90 griddle go on top. Come out cheaper too. My gasser was $350 ( Walmarts) and griddle was $69 ($89 most places).

They are pretty flimsy from what I've seen in Academy.- the outdoor gourmet line not that one in particular. My cheapo Brinkmann is much stouter. Get a Brinkmann 4 burner and order Camp Chef SG90 griddle go on top. Come out cheaper too. My gasser was $350 ( Walmarts) and griddle was $69 ($89 most places).

Thanks, I have some Academy gift cards from Christmas, so this would be free to me :becky: , and I would keep it with my other cookers in the garage so no exposure to the rain/etc, it just seemed like a decent option for both in one unit.

I got a few weird looks in Academy last night while I was shaking the thing to see how sturdy it was....:heh:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000J066DQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455913837&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=camp+chef+sg90[/ame]

Thanks, I have some Academy gift cards from Christmas, so this would be free to me :becky: , and I would keep it with my other cookers in the garage so no exposure to the rain/etc, it just seemed like a decent option for both in one unit.

I got a few weird looks in Academy last night while I was shaking the thing to see how sturdy it was....:heh:

Ah, my pet peeve. Just an FYI, but no, no, no, even with gift cards, it isn't "free". At most, it's no cash out of pocket. Those gift cards have value. They are redeemable at Academy for something else you might like more, or, they can be sold at any number of websites.

With that, the reality is that are indeed spending dollars, so choose carefully.

For the $$$ listed in that ad, you can get a decent Weber gasser and won't be asking about a replacement for about 20 years.

Nice Kimber ;D

For the $$$ listed in that ad, you can get a decent Weber gasser and won't be asking about a replacement for about 20 years.

Nice Kimber ;D

Yeah, I have a Kenmore Elite stainless that I have had for 15 yrs, but the parts are all obsolete now, so its time to move on, and I do want a 36" griddle, but I thought this might be a good right now option until I can build my outdoor kitchen...

Thanks for noticing the Kimber, my older brother is a Kimber/Glock certified gunsmith, he built that one for my 40th birthday.:becky:

Yeah, I have a Kenmore Elite stainless that I have had for 15 yrs, but the parts are all obsolete now, so its time to move on, and I do want a 36" griddle, but I thought this might be a good right now option until I can build my outdoor kitchen...

Thanks for noticing the Kimber, my older brother is a Kimber/Glock certified gunsmith, he built that one for my 40th birthday.:becky:

Cool to have a Brother in the biz. I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I do like my Kimber.

I've replaced gassers for 20 years and have owned about 7 gassers from HD and Lowes. Parts of them continued to work but in the end were junk. Weber is a different animal and when you build your OD kitchen you can give it to your Brother because it will still be working and he may build you another Kimber in return. :becky:

if you are looking for a temporary, "short term" type of solution AND you definitely want a 36" griddle, you might consider picking up a Blackstone and then see if this Weber is still available on CL.

http://houston.craigslist.org/for/5452266154.html

Who knows, the guy might do a trade with you for some Academy GC's :)

Total cost would be about $500 and quality would most likely be far superior. 20 years from now, that Weber will still be going strong.

Back