Supper for a single guy...

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Private
Cooking for just yourself is boring, most times I just don't bother doing much of anything but yesterday I wanted BB's. Problem was that all I had in the freezer was a 3 pack from Sam's that was buried at the bottom of a freezer I just cleaned. Well only way to do it was to thaw and cook all three.

i-sgfdNC9-XL.jpg

Slathered in mustard with a dusting of Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction which is my go to rub for bb's.

i-DgmDz34-XL.jpg

On my XL with some peach chunks and Wicked Good Jakes Blend. If you haven't tried this lump you are really missing out, it's the best lump I've ever used!

i-W4JFnPC-XL.jpg

It got dark too soon so I brought them in at this point, covered in foil and finished them for an hour covered in the oven. Had some OJ while I waited that some how got vodka spilled in it... :rolleyes:

i-BV7d8FK-XL.jpg

My plate, I wrapped up the extras and took them over to a friend who is also single with two boys. I'd warned him earlier that supper was on me. It's been forever since I've done ribs and almost went over to his place to see if he had any leftovers after I demolished my plate!

Thanks for looking.

Even married guys do the same when the wife leaves on a trip :)

Great cook though! There is a store that sells Wicked Good Jakes, I have a big cook on Saturday, ill swing by and try a bag.

The only bad thing about Jakes blend is that the chunks can be really big, it works great in my XL but it's tough to get going in anything smaller.

Great looking plate all the way around.

I buy my ribs at Costco and they put three racks to a pack as well. Because I rarely want to cook 3 racks at a time I separate them. Double wrap each rack in cellophane and freeze them individually.

My favorite baby's are from Sams. By far. Im pretty sure they're Excel, and $3.99/lb around here, but they are consistent and really good.

Looks like you still have the touch! Great lookin bones Norm!!! Thanks for the heads up on the lump, I'm always looking for something better... Oh, and I HATE it when I spill the OJ in the Vodka :p

Great cook Norm!! It all looks delicious!
Very lucky friend. :thumb:

Back