Trial run of the Blaz'n Grill pellet pooper

Okie Sawbones

Banned
Reaction score
Well so far the pit is holding steady at 250 degrees in 10-20 mph winds.

v_zpshzlduj36.jpg

Two racks of St. Louis spares went on the grill.

vv_zpsf4zzsex7.jpg

I am using Mojo Bricks on the first cook along with hickory pellets, hoping to have plenty of smoke on the meat. More to follow.

I am using that same controller on my Cookshack FEC100. My FEC is an older one that originally had a Traeger controller. This controller was about $800.00 less expensive than buying the Cookshack IQ4 controller upgrade. So far it has worked well! Good luck!

This controller is rock solid, and I've used a lot of them. It is the same controller on my Firecraft and it is very efficient. The only controller I think is better is the IQ4/5. Disclaimer: I've never used Mak or RecTec. Memphis Grills use this same controller.

Cool to see you jumped on the Blaz'n bandwagon!! I'll look forward to the rest of the cook. What options and color did you go with?

And the finished results. The wife said these were the best ribs that I ever cooked, but she says that every time. :becky: They were good, tender, juicy, with adequate smoke. I am impressed with the Blaz'n Grill.

v_zpskbwl0f9x.jpg

vv_zpsiswjkmwv.jpg

Cool to see you jumped on the Blaz'n bandwagon!! I'll look forward to the rest of the cook. What options and color did you go with?

Did you ever figure out your lack of smoke flavor? I know you had a post of your first cook, but didn't update after that? Sorry for the hijack.

Did you ever figure out your lack of smoke flavor? I know you had a post of your first cook, but didn't update after that? Sorry for the hijack.

This was my first cook on this grill. Another Brethren also bought one recently. Maybe you are thinking of him. I used Mojobricks with the cook and had no smoke issues at all.

This was my first cook on this grill. Another Brethren also bought one recently. Maybe you are thinking of him. I used Mojobricks with the cook and had no smoke issues at all.

Yeah, that is who I asked in my first post. I seen he posted here so I asked him if he was having issues with smoke flavor. I think he said he had none, and we gave him pointers to help him out. I just didn't ever see another post of his after the fact.

Back