I was going to grill this but

tom b

somebody shut me the fark up.
I googled the cut and this is what I found

The packaging call this meat "pork loin sirloin chops" .99c a pound so what the heck?

http://www.thekitchn.com/a-complete-guide-to-pork-chops-meat-basics-208638

form this link

5. Sirloin Chop
Other names: Sirloin steak
Where it's from: This cheaper cut is from the hip area toward the back of the loin.
What it looks like: Contains some hip and backbone, with a higher percentage of bone than other chops; the meat is composed of various muscle groups.
What it tastes like: Lots of pork flavor, but tough unless braised.
How to cook it: Because of all the different muscles present, sirloin chops should be cooked over slow, moist heat, in braises or stews.

Does anyone have experience with this meat?

Can I grill it?

or any other sugestions please!

Sirloin chops are my favorite pork on the grill. I just grill to medium/medium well. They are like a sirloin steak and have more flavor than most any other cut of the beast.

Thanks, I went a different rout, not because I didn't believe you guys but I wasn't patient and with my intened technique it was time to start

The tough connective tissue comments from my research made me think i should cook it slow, so I tried to do it like ribs 3 2 1 apple with juice, sauced it with a spicy teriyaki glaze ( love this stuff on pork)

Results=

tasty but a bit tight yet somewhat tender not dry but not all that moist.... my family liked it but I would give this experiment a c+

I will get more while on sale but will grill them next time

Back