Brisket Sacrilege? You tell me

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I regularly grind meat, vac pac and freeze for different dishes. This time I decided to grind brisket. At $2.75/lb for prime why not right??? :becky:

Sampled it by making a straight brisket (point and flat) burger with Danish blue cheese and Not Ketchup spicy fig sauce. :thumb::thumb:

iGmHR6Lh.png
8F6W1Q6h.png
tReeIHZh.png
g54v7Elh.png

Dang man, Maybe I should of ground up the brisket I fixed today! HA!!! Looks good. does it just taste like hamburger? Or does it have a slightly different taste since it is the brisket? I think most store bought burger is made out of chuck roasts right?

Burger looks pretty darn good. I say you paid for it so you do what you want. I would eat a burger or 2.

Dang man, Maybe I should of ground up the brisket I fixed today! HA!!! Looks good. does it just taste like hamburger? Or does it have a slightly different taste since it is the brisket? I think most store bought burger is made out of chuck roasts right?

Thanks! It was definitely more beefier tasting. I liked it a lot. Now, I've mixed it with chuck and pork before with excellent results. Straight brisket was real fatty but again it was really good so no complaints at all. As far as the stores, preferably chuck but God knows what they use.:biggrin1:

Brother, you had me at the bleu cheese burger.. but then you added the spicy fig sauce...!!

No sacrilege.. you're honoring everything that animal provided for you... in a delicious way, I might add.

Does that look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Sorry for that brisket, but burgers look really tasty from here.
Here in Italy We have a hard life looking for good brisket and are really expensive too. From €15/kg for Creekstone Farm coise.

Fine looking burger, I grind all kinds of cuts, just to try the taste. haven't done brisket yet, I'll have to give it a try.

Heck no. Doing exactly the same thing today. Brisket is finally at a decent price here.

Sacrilegious? Naaaa, it's beef, do with it as you please!

Now, I'll take one of those burgers please!

Looks great, I've been looking at doing this. I've read that pure ground brisket can have a hard time staying together, did these hold together like store bought ground beef does?

Looks great, I've been looking at doing this. I've read that pure ground brisket can have a hard time staying together, did these hold together like store bought ground beef does?

Thanks! It doesn't stay together due to the fattiness but it doesn't crumble either especially if you put in the fridge a bit. It's somewhere in between. Store bought obviously has different cuts mixed it. I usually mix it with something like chuck or pork shoulder and it changes the texture but I took some out to just have straight brisket.

Not even close to being sacrilege! It sounds (and looks) friggen amazing. Kudos to you sir!!

Back