MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
Doug Crann
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Blackstone cleaning...

So fine folks....please do educate me.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
Leftwngr
is one Smokin' Farker

While hot...

Scraper, water bottle, more scraper, water, paper towels, repeat as necessary, end with layer of oil.

Empty drip tray.

Pucks not politics
Leftwngr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftwngr View Post
While hot...

Scraper, water bottle, more scraper, water, paper towels, repeat as necessary, end with layer of oil.

Empty drip tray.
That's pretty much what I do. I wipe the griddle down and lightly oil it before storing. Bout like my cast iron cookware.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
gun smoke
Full Fledged Farker

yep, some as posted above
[B]proverbs 27:17 as iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another[/B]
gun smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #5
alecksjaycubs
Full Fledged Farker

In case it ever gets really ugly...

Old 12-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
cueball21
Babbling Farker

Back when we were both young, poor (I still am) and willing to try things, a buddy of mine became a short order cook. I worked nights while going to university as did he. I'd stop to have breakfast after work. He showed me how he cleaned a flat that was in use 24/7. First he would use a spatula to remove all the surface stuff until it was uniformly without any 'stickies.' Then he would pour cold water on it and immediately cover the water with a thick towel doubled over. The water would steam and the steam would clean the flat griddle.

After steam cleaning, he would re-season the surface with a little bacon fat.

I don't know if this would work on a blackstone ('cause I don't have one) but I do know that it works on the stainless steel griddle I have for my camp stove. I don't use bacon fat to reason, but Crisco works a treat.

Ora pro nobis.
Being offended doesn't mean that you are right!

Old Country Brazos Stick Burner, MES 40, Weber Performer, Weber OTG, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe Mini-WSM, AMNPS, AMNTS, Maverick ET901 and ET 73 and ET-732, Vortex
cueball21 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2015, 03:27 AM   #7
cheez59
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Just like everyone here says. Easy peasy.
Lone Star Grillz mini insulated cabinet.Lonestar Grillz 20x42 offset. Broil King Baron Gasser, Vortex and Slow & Sear Plus, Weber 26" Original Premium, Weber Smoky Joe, Cajun Fryer 8-1/2 & 4 Gallon, The Big Easy oil-less fryer, BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2, Thermoworks Smoke, Maverick XR-50
cheez59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #8
KC Smoke
On the road to being a farker

Back in my early restaurant days we would use one of these with a little oil. Cleaned them up perfectly with very little effort. They would be good for several cleanings.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #9
1MoreFord
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Smoke View Post
Back in my early restaurant days we would use one of these with a little oil. Cleaned them up perfectly with very little effort. They would be good for several cleanings.

Amazon.com - 1 X Grill Cleaning Brick - Household Cleaners

While a grill block will certainly clean a grill it will also remove the seasoning from the grill.

OK Joe Longhorn & Original Ok Joe Vertical Roasting Oven hybrid, Char Griller Akorn, Falcon MK V gaseous grill
1MoreFord is offline   Reply With Quote