Carne Crosta Mini cook

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Been tied up way too much and a lot of our cooking equipment is packed away so the Mini Cook fits just right for us.
We just received our new Oakridge Carne Crosta steakhouse rub and had to give it a try.

Flat Iron steak is our choice for tonight’s adventure

View attachment 119532

Coated evenly with the Oakridge Carne Crosta

View attachment 119533

Our cooking vessel is the Weber chimney at 7-1/2” diameter and a 10” grate that I cannot recall its origin. The Oakridge rub requires high heat to release the flavors and create a nice crust on the steak. Let the crusting begin.

View attachment 119534

Yes we have some high heat

View attachment 119535

Fear no flame when cooking a high heat sear

View attachment 119536

Now the turn

View attachment 119537

Closer

View attachment 119538

The rub did make a nice crust

View attachment 119539

We like our steak rare and this is looking good

View attachment 119540

I like mine even rarer than MSD and this looks good to me

View attachment 119541
It even passes the up close bend test

View attachment 119542

First time with the Oakridge Carne Crosta rub. It adds a nice flavor that sits very well with thin sliced meat. I will try one smoked a bit and then seared later but I do really like the flavors this rub imparts
No plated shots because I made a pig of myself eating this with a salad and baked potatoe. I was afraid the drunk mini super hero’s would come steal it from me!
This did not suck – Thanks for lookin!

SD

Last edited:
Great chimney steaks, Paul! That's exactly how I like mine too. I think your entry pic should be one of those slice shots though.. They got my mouth watering.

Great chimney steaks, Paul! That's exactly how I like mine too. I think your entry pic should be one of those slice shots though.. They got my mouth watering.

Thanks Matt - I did switch it

You sure had some fun with your entry - Reminds me of what is fun about TD's.

Back