Black Ops Beef

Awesome ! Just ordered a mess of Black Ops myself after running out of what little I had. Can't wait !

Awesome ! Just ordered a mess of Black Ops myself after running out of what little I had. Can't wait !

I'm going to try that , I usually buy the Competition beef and pork rub

Now that you have had it for a bit, how are you liking that vertical stick burner?

Hey smitty whats the flavor of the black ops?. Is it peppery? I just made my first oak ridge purchase. Bought gamebird-chicken, Secret weapon and comp beef and pork. Picked up Meat church Holy Cow for my beef and I find it a bit to peppery for me. It was good but I wont be rebuying unless I really want it. Hoping tomorrow the Comp Beef and pork rub satisfies me a bit more.

Now that you have had it for a bit, how are you liking that vertical stick burner?

Only 2nd real cook. It runs Great as a stick burner - even being thin gauge 11/14 ga.- but I'm trying to run it UDS style with basket n charcoal/wood chunks as I have a Bandera Vertical Stick Burner already. It's lil drafty and all the charcoal lights up and temps try to climb and eats charcoal. But I love the size and the easy access of it so I'll keep trying to tame this Biotch. Pretty sure I'm gonna insulate it on outside and skin with 14 gauge after Christmas and try to seal FB better. It's supposed to replace my UDS cuz I hate top only access of UDS when cooking multi meats n sides. Of course I'd LOVE to have a Humphreys Pint instead but this one only costs $400.

I had made a T Shaped UDS and liked the size with 2 grates and access but it was a charcoal hog too and only ran 6 hrs on full bag charcoal -so I sold it and another lil vertical to buy this one.

[URL=http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bobjones79/media/674BF35A-899E-4F1F-A171-E199402A3339_zps4hhul2wl.jpg.html]
674BF35A-899E-4F1F-A171-E199402A3339_zps4hhul2wl.jpg
[/URL]

I'd Love to replace this thing with an ASSASSIN GRILL if not a Humphreys Pint.

Hey smitty whats the flavor of the black ops?. Is it peppery? I just made my first oak ridge purchase. Bought gamebird-chicken, Secret weapon and comp beef and pork. Picked up Meat church Holy Cow for my beef and I find it a bit to peppery for me. It was good but I wont be rebuying unless I really want it. Hoping tomorrow the Comp Beef and pork rub satisfies me a bit more.

It's got a lil kick to it but not sure it's peppery.

Got a feeling that beefs going to be good with the black ops!

Looking great. Making me say screw the high price of beef ribs and pick up a pack.

I chopped the Chuckie with some Stubbs Original. Mmmmmmm. Stubbs Original goes well with the Black Ops. :heh:

Back