Guam style goose breasts

isuhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Last night while I was watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes battle out the Big 10 I decided to give it a shot as the goose breasts were just about thawed.

2 Canada Goose breasts

Used 1/4 recipe of the following:
  • 1/2 cup kosher salt
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 TBS Tender Quick
  • 3 TBS minced ginger
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 4 Quarts water

I am planning to use my UDS -- can I lay it on the grates or do I need to hang?

What temp should I use my UDS at? And for how long?

I couldn't keep my UDS much below 220 so it ran from 220-270 for 4 hrs. EVEN MY WIFE LIKES IT!!! PERFECT COLOR AND TEXTURE!!

ISUHUNTER....how long did you marinade the breasts in the brine? I have a freezer full of goose breasts. Hunting has been real good this year in Michigan.

Crazy game last night. I thought the Hawkeyes were going to win for sure. Great defensive battle.

Wish there were some "before" shots. Love me some Canada Hunting. Food looks great.

780CBC0F-30E7-49D8-95BD-B013946A37C8_zpsv2b1qjsf.jpg

ISUHUNTER....how long did you marinade the breasts in the brine? I have a freezer full of goose breasts. Hunting has been real good this year in Michigan.

Crazy game last night. I thought the Hawkeyes were going to win for sure. Great defensive battle.

It probably marinaded for 14 hrs. Next time I will add something to get some more spice but this was still very good!

I was cheering for the Spartans. The bandwagon is over flowing in Iowa with Hawk fans.

Back