Boston Butt steaks???

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
I just picked up a pack of "pork Boston butt steaks", or they are labeled. I have never cooked these before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was thinking something along the lines of how I cook pork chops. Quick sear over high heat, then indirect to an IT of about 140 or so, then pull, foil, and rest for a few minutes.

I'm seriously guessing here,:noidea: so any info on prep, temps, technique, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, they are pretty good size and about an inch or so thick.

Thanks.

VR,
Harold

Probably my favorite way is simply grilling from a distance. Cook til tender, they'll be juicy and flavorful.

Definitely one of my favs, I like 'em grilled hot & fast. I season them with Steph's Sweet & Spicy, get a bit of char on them & enjoy!

17546732469_20cb68d58c_b.jpg

17732987745_2f5114a355_b.jpg

We also like them grilled, about a 1/2" thick. We Grill them until a little char shows up then sauce and flip until covered with sauce and sticky. Mac and cheese makes a great side. You are in for a treat Whitewookie!!!!

DSCN3066-1_zps6c698549.jpg

Also known as pork steak or pork blade steak.
I LOVE THEM.

I cook them exactly like a beef steak. Liberally season, direct grill.
In fact I like the same seasoning....EVOO, kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper and maybe a little garlic.

P3210101_zpszpurr77b.jpg

P3210107_zpsx1oafcym.jpg

P3210108_zpslfirtqri.jpg

Just as good as beef steak...a fraction of the price.

indirect
low & slow for 60 to 90 minutes then a quick sear
drown in Maull's BBQ Sauce
bottle.jpg

I love pork steaks, I grill over direct heat until seared like I want the move to indirect to finish them off.

This is my favorite cut of pork - my recipe is "all of the above". My wife even slices them into slivers to make sweet & sour pork once in a while. If my dad had know about these back in the day, he would have made mom stop buying pork chops.

Back