Skirt burger on the Blackstone

cheez59

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well this was my first attempt at a skirt/smash burger. Fired up the Blackstone and flattened out some ground chuck. Seasoned with Montreal steak. Got the griddle real hot and threw them on. Mashed down for a minute or so and flipped. Piled what I thought would be an insane amount of cheese on the burger. Then threw the ice around and covered it up with a dome. The burger was very tasty but it needed more cheese to look like a real skirt burger. Fresh soft onion rolls and grilled steak fries seasoned and grilled on the gasser. Not bad but I have a couple more practice runs to get this one down.

Last edited:
Actually, that looks great, better than the real deal

Haven't done that yet but I love crispy cheese. I gotta do it.

Well this was my first attempt at a skirt/smash burger. Fired up the Blackstone and flattened out some ground chuck. Seasoned with Montreal steak. Got the griddle real hot and threw them on. Mashed down for a minute or so and flipped. Piled what I thought would be an insane amount of cheese on the burger. Then threw the ice around and covered it up with a dome. The burger was very tasty but it needed more cheese to look like a real skirt burger. Fresh soft onion rolls and grilled steak fries seasoned and grilled on the gasser. Not bad but I have a couple more practice runs to get this one down.

Contest!
New word for the flavor of the crispy thing that cheese does when cooked just past it's intended use.
There will be no prizes.
My vote is........Cheesus Crisp!

Heck yeah! Love the looks of that Cheez. Now I'm hungry! :-D

That burger does look good. I love fried cheese.
And, Q junkie---The Italians (among others) call it "Frico"

Back