Shirley fab rotated warmer?

sylntghost

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I did not know it was an option when I bought mine. I have noticed not many people go for that option.any particular reason for it?:crazy:

my guess would be to have both doors facing the same direction when cooking. I didn't think too much about it because with the trailer I couldn't rotate the fb.

I considered it but then if you have the cabinet doors open it would block the warmer so while the openings may be closer it might be more awkward to move stuff between the cook chamber and the warmer.

If you're on a trailer and rotate the warmer and you get the draft system to heat the warmer from the firebox, I think they would have to put the pull for that on the back side. Which then seems awkward.

There's a guy with pics here that has a patio with both the firebox and chamber rotated so the openings are on the same side as the cabinet doors. I think that looks pretty sweet but I'd like to see it in operation.

Ive logged a few thousand hours on mine since early 2014, i would not want it any other way.

People with beers seem to gravitate to be facing the door of the cooker and this way i can sit my a$$ in the ez chair and keep an eye on the fire.

Great thing bout Paul and Tyler is they will make it your way!!

Ive logged a few thousand hours on mine since early 2014, i would not want it any other way.

People with beers seem to gravitate to be facing the door of the cooker and this way i can sit my a$$ in the ez chair and keep an eye on the fire.

Great thing bout Paul and Tyler is they will make it your way!!

Yep, I was gonna say earlier it would probably work well with the traditional lift lid cook chambers because there's no chance of obstruction.

I know at least one person that likes the intake being right in line and thinks that makes a difference. Does it make a difference on the draw going side vs front? :noidea:

I know at least one person that likes the intake being right in line and thinks that makes a difference. Does it make a difference on the draw going side vs front? :noidea:

I do not think it would make a difference , heat will rise and when the doors are shut it is going to pull out the exhaust pipe . I was looking into this option but for the cost of it I chose to go with other options instead .

Back