Blackstone storage question

jgarcia

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does anyone keep there blackstone outdoors for a majority of the year. I am wondering how well it will hold up if kept outdoors with a cover only. Moving from the back patio to the garage for meals would get old quick for me.

Outside 24/7/365. Covered with a waterproof cover sitting on a glass planter to keep it tented and cover off the griddle surface, then covered with weather resistant Blackstone cover

That's a good question. Been wanting to pull the trigger on one but where to put it is an issue in the Winter months.

I thought I saw somewhere the blackstone cover was not that great, and that they used a weber cover.

I thought I saw somewhere the blackstone cover was not that great, and that they used a weber cover.

The Blackstone cover I got is nylon covered vinyl. It keeps the rain off. Mine is out in the weather full time but I've only had it a few weeks. I reckon time will tell. I think if you keep it oiled up with a reasonable cover when not in use it will be fine.

Blackstone is a very nice heavy duty weather "resistant" cover, however it is not "waterproof." Keep it sloped (tented, propped, jacked) :))

Before putting it up, I spray the top with a heavy coating of olive oil. I also use the inverted aluminum vendor pan trick so the cover does not touch the grill surface.

Blackstone is a very nice heavy duty weather "resistant" cover, however it is not "waterproof." Keep it sloped (tented, propped, jacked whatever the Fark you want to call it).

I stand up my Weber chimney in the middle before I put the cover on. Works perfectly.

I guess I will find out soon as I just ordered one. I will go with the pan under the cover and see how that goes. Thanks

I guess I will find out soon as I just ordered one. I will go with the pan under the cover and see how that goes. Thanks

You are going to love it. They are fun to cook on!! Congrats

I leave mine under a covered porch, but open. Gnats and little critters getting stuck on the surface is my biggest problem. I've got a cover that I half throw over it, but in the time it takes it to cool down I have a couple little guys I have to clean off before the next use

Back