How do I order Dino beef ribs from butcher?

umyaya

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Maybe you are lucky, but I struggle with finding a good butcher anywhere. Most don't even know what a brisket point is. If I have a butcher order Dino beef ribs, what do I ask for specifically?

Beef Plate Ribs. Snake River Farms sell them online and Shane is a member.

I've struggled locally as well. Was able to find them at Snake River Farms. The local butcher can order them, but they're always gone when I get there.

Not many real 'butchers around anymore, but any grocery store that sells either the 2-3" cut short ribs, or the thin cross cut Korean style - they should be able to sell you a "Full untrimmed rack of Beef short ribs in cryovac" - that is what I ask for. After the dear in the headlights stare is over, you reiterate your request a few more times you can have success.

You're looking for a 3 bone (sometimes 4) plate of short ribs. ALSO! Do not pay trimmed price for untrimmed rack of short ribs - Insist on an untrimmed price. A buck/lb off works for me.

One last thing, some Restaurant Depot have cryo of 4 racks for awesome price - if you got a crowd to feed.

I always get them at Sam's Club but you haft to ring the bell and ask for them , they never set them out whole . :wink:

Yup any place that sells short ribs cut can get he whole plate you just have to ask.

If you're dealing with a butcher, show him a picture of the desired cut. A real butcher will know the USDA IMPS product number. I'm not at my computer, it's either NAMP IMPS 122 or 123

or just print this off and show them the pic

DSCF6437.jpg

DSCF6434.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

Back