You asked for it...Smoked swissed steak!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well maybe you didn't ask but you thought it! LOL

Broke out the Big Poppa for some well deserved love, been a while since i used her. The basket I brought up to searing level to brown the steak and sautee the veggies then lowered for a couple hours to simmer the pot.

Fuel was mostly some apple chunks, partial burnt oak splits and a little KBB.

Meat was top round steak, I swissed the heck out of it and also used the jaccard.

Mom used to make that, been way too long. Righteous job there Mon!

Great! We always had ours on egg noodles but I'm way past that, mashed taters works for me!

Mom used to make that, been way too long. Righteous job there Mon!
Thanks! me too...Mom used to make it

Great! We always had ours on egg noodles but I'm way past that, mashed taters works for me!
Dave i always remember making the potato boat and loading it with the gravy.:thumb: I've actually had it with egg noodle and that sounds good, will add some to the next batch.

I'll take a plate of that please!
Ya know it's a great Fall weather meal!

I don't remember asking, but it does look good :-D

The Swiss Steak that I remember as a kid was ground beef patties in a mushroom and onion gravy, always with mashed potatoes.

Ron ya know it's also commonly made with cubed steak also. Mushrooms sounds good too, I'm gonna make another batch soon and add that along with maybe some shredded/chopped carrots and of course use some egg noodles!

Looks good, I have no idea what Swissed steak is

You said you "swissed the hell out of it" This is probably a dumb question but, what does that mean?
It means to bruise and or tenderize the hell out of it. Say you start with 2-3" of thickness beef... just pulverize it and I like to jaccard it down to maybe 1" thickness. After it simmers it all that goodness it's melt in your mouth, mine cut with a dull wooden spoon.

I didn't ask but thanks!

I remember my dad pounding the hell out of the floured steak (and flouring himself) while the onions were frying. Did you add canned tomatoes?

Sure looks tasty!

I, too, had never heard the word Swiss used as a verb...

Sure looks tasty!

I, too, had never heard the word Swiss used as a verb...
Thank you! Yep I "swissed" the heck out of it! :becky:

I didn't ask but thanks!

I remember my dad pounding the hell out of the floured steak (and flouring himself) while the onions were frying. Did you add canned tomatoes?
Floured the steak and used stewed tomatoes. Looks like lots of us had this as kids...and i'm sure glad because it's gooooood!

That looks delicious! I love Swiss Steak, but I would have never thought to cook it in a grill.

Back