MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:11 AM   #1
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Pecan smoked roasted Colorful Hatch NM Green Chile

I cooked salmon in the BGE mini last night. Prior to cooking the salmon which takes no time at all, I picked up a few colorful hot NM Green Chile. I'm stocked with 50#'s plus but cannot help myself. Where there's fire, green chile smoky aroma should be in the air.

http://iamnm.com/ten-recipes-every-n...r-recipe-book/

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-25-2015 at 09:43 PM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
16Adams

Salmon dusted with KS + Coarse BP, a small amount of brown sugar and drizzled with worchestishire. Royal oak lump and pecan chunks. Served with a macaroni pickled beet okra radish chopped romaine salad. Lemon- lots and lots of squeezed lemon when I eat salmon.

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-25-2015 at 09:43 PM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I love the colors, and the salmon with the chiles look great!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #4
Garrett
Babbling Farker

That's making me want salmon. I like lots of lemon squeezed on it too.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 AM   #5
16Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
That's making me want salmon. I like lots of lemon squeezed on it too.
Me and salmon. Where do I begin. I think it goes back to younger years in NE Oklahoma. 4 kids one income. Lots of pink can salmon. There really is no food I won't eat. I love salmon patties. I have to Turn up the herb spice lemon etc on grilled salmon. But I will eat it. And I always save some grilled salmon to make salmon patties

Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
doubt3
Full Fledged Farker

Peppers look great.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #7
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
I cooked salmon in the BGE mini last night. Prior to cooking the salmon which takes no time at all, I picked up a few colorful hot NM Green Chile. I'm stocked with 50#'s plus but cannot help myself. Where there's fire, green chile smoky aroma should be in the air.

http://iamnm.com/ten-recipes-every-n...r-recipe-book/
I read that link and thought, "how is a baby going to cook?"

Nice recipes. Gonna have to bookmark that page. And send some of my hatches into the smoker today as the others roast.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
jacob
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Salmon does look awesome.
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #9
Gulfbeachman
On the road to being a farker

Great idea about putting the peppers on fish.

I may try them on some amberjack I have thawing.

Thanks for the post!

Old 09-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #10
Ross in Ventura
is Blowin Smoke!

Buityful, I always keep roasted Hatch Chilis in my frizer

Ross

Old 09-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Me and salmon. Where do I begin. I think it goes back to younger years in NE Oklahoma. 4 kids one income. Lots of pink can salmon. There really is no food I won't eat. I love salmon patties. I have to Turn up the herb spice lemon etc on grilled salmon. But I will eat it. And I always save some grilled salmon to make salmon patties
Salmon patties from a can and pintos kept us alive as a kid too. Still one of my favorites. Brings back lots of memories every time I have them now.