Question on comp space

N

n-2-que

noticed a few posts on ez ups and such the 10x 10's what kinda space limit do you usually get at competitions? as i have not competed as of yet. still figuring out everything at home.. size of lang 84.. canopies and what not trying to figure what i can have in the area. is there a cookie cutter size that most competitions use?

Most compettion will tell you what provided or give you a list to choose from. The smallest Ive had is a 15x20

Two will work fine. As an example, go to our web page, go to the gallery and choose BBQ on the river or Bristol. That setup was done with three 10 x 10 ez-ups and a Lang 84. I also think I have a diagram somewhere, I will post it as soon as I find it.

Here you go.....Our setup diagram for three 10x10 EZ-Up canopies and a Lang 84 deluxe. We used it for Bristol, Grill Kings and New Holland. The set-up was quite comfortable. It had 2 prep stations, a wash station, some wire shelving for keeping things under control, a nice table where we could have meals at and some vinyl fence to keep the public out. Not to forget our beloved Lang 84 deluxe.

site.jpg

Last edited:
We have an ezup and a tent. But then again, we don't have a lang...

Yeah Guy's got it down to a science with that plan... When I helped at Bristol, it was amazing to see how detailed Guy and Michelle were about following the diagram as layed out...Nothing was put out of place... They have a nice set up... from appearance to useability...

Generally it appears 20x20 is about the norm.. Some more some less.. You can survive with one 10x10 but ultimately two are ideal (or one large 10x20 canopy)...

Sean and I use two canopies.. One to prep under and the other to hang out under.... We are not as technical as Guy & Michelle but we fit what we need and lay it out quite nicely (at least to start, then all hell breaks lose when we actually start prepping... Sean is the neat freak and cleans up after me while he and I are both prepping)...

Back