Tri Tip, Game On

Basscat

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Tri Tip with Dizzy Pig Game On sample, reverse sear on the Medium Egg.

Game%20On%20Tri%20Tip%20Start.jpg

Smoked to 120,

Game%20On%20Tri%20Tip%20Smoked.jpg

then rested the meat while getting the Medium fired up.

Game%20On%20Tri%20Tip%20Seared.jpg

Medium rare all the way through :) Last of the summer sweet corn and a little cheesy broccoli on the side, made for a pretty awesome Friday dinner....

Game%20On%20Tri%20Tip%20Plate.jpg

You had me at tri!

That looks super fantastic good

Pretty looking Tri-Tip. I did one today too. Somehow, I forgot to take pics. Was delicious...

That sure looks good. Never tried a tri tio maybe I should pretty soon

Looks awesome! Tri tip is preferred in our house. I keep a stock of them since they are not readily available around where we live now and the ones I have found the quality is just not there! I get mine at Striplings. They are some of the best you can find! I did some on Monday! Reverse seared and finish in a cast iron skillet on the Egg. They were off the chain! I have also done them for for 16 hours in the Sous Vide and finished them on the Egg. Can't go wrong with Da Tip. Here is one of the ones I did on Monday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 95
I've been seriously thinking of smoking some Tri-tip. Roughly what temp and how long, any internal temp, are you smoking it for?

I've been seriously thinking of smoking some Tri-tip. Roughly what temp and how long, any internal temp, are you smoking it for?

I do 225 -250. To a internal of 125 -130 range then sear it off at 450 -500 for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side!!

Back