Stains on PITMAKER VAULT. Need help!!

chaostheory

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Happy Labor day fellas. I hope your pits are smokin well and the Q is great! I was hoping someone could chime in on an issue I have with my vault. I have smoke stains on my pit above the door and can't get it off. I've washed it scrubbed it and tried weber grill cleaner and still can't get it off. What are you guys using to get the smoke stains off your pit. Any advice will help. Thanks!!!!

Since no one has spoken up, I will throw out what I've read on here. No personal experience but the 'Magic Eraser" by Mr. Clean has received some rave reviews here. Good luck!

If if is on stainless steel, I use bar keepers friend. It works amazingly well at removing smoke stain. I guess I should ask what kind of finish you are trying to clean 1st.

Here's the best thing I have found to get all kinds of "stuff" off my cabinet smoker.

Zep Fast505. Here's the link to a bigger container but you can get them in the single spray bottles.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B16ZYC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00"]Amazon.com: Zep Inc Gal Zep Degreaser Zu505128 Degreaser: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cbZrt6kwL.@@AMEPARAM@@41cbZrt6kwL[/ame]

chaostheory
Brother if its on the stainless, I use a loose muslin wheel on a drill with green rouge. It will shine the SS up nicer than when it was new. It will even take out minor scratches. If its on the painted surface I use cheap car polish (Turtle Wax) from Walmart. It works like a charm. Rub it on and let it sit for a hour and rub it off. I do the painted surface with a rag by hand. So far this has kept my Vault shining like new money.

Thanks Guys! I have a big event to go to and just wanted the smoker looking good for presentation.

I was going to suggest siimple green as well. I use that stuff to clean my cookers, guns, rims, etc.... Not sure whats in it, but it works.

Back