APL/Mallmann event in LA next week

eggzlot

Take a breath!
Reaction score
looks interesting:

Los Angeles: BBQ at Hotel Bel-Air

Summer may be winding down, but grilling never goes out of season. On September 9, Wolfgang Puck brings barbecue gurus Adam Perry Lang and Argentinian powerhouse Francis Mallmann to demonstrate their unique approaches to BBQ at the Hotel Bel-Air. Mallman will showcase his signature gaucho-style open fire cooking (known as asado), while Perry Lang will burn pecan wood for his 12-hour, pit-roasted prime beef brisket and short ribs, guaranteeing a smokin’ good time. Tickets for events range from $60-305; 701 Stone Canyon Rd.; 310-909-1681; dorchestercollection.com.

I didn't know there was a range of prices. The thing I saw said $175/person so I immediately dismissed it. I'm sure the food will be top notch - I've had APL's food and it's very good, and I have this really great book by Francis Mallmann on Argentinian cooking, so I'm sure this event would be cool to see, but that's way too much $$ for me to be spending so I'll definitely be sitting this one out.

Those would be two great guys to learn from. Malmann is a character, got to hang with him a bit in Oakland

Back