Its gonna be here tomorrow!!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Man you guys are an evil bunch! With all this peer pressure. Altho I love peer pressure in this case!:thumb:

Got a blackstone 36" griddle on its way, guaranteed delivery next day!! Works out perfectly because tomorrow I'm gonna be stuck at home cooking my first brisket!

I also ordered the blackstone tool kit. I figure it'll pay for its self. Gonna put it all together and season it during my brisket cook. Gonna try brisket omelets Thursday morning for breakfast!! :thumb:

"Stuck at Home", ain't life a Bieatch sometimes?

Been "stuck" at home for seven years now, and still have not cleared the "honey do" list. Seems like I am always busy doing........nuttin! But, I can smoke, grill, cook, boil :twisted:, and even take a nap whenever I want to. Should have retired years ago so I could have caught up on the things I wanted to do. :laugh: :laugh: Congrats on the new "toy"! Enjoy it and post some pictures of the great food that will come off of it.

Omar

"Stuck at Home", ain't life a Bieatch sometimes?

Been "stuck" at home for seven years now, and still have not cleared the "honey do" list. Seems like I am always busy doing........nuttin! But, I can smoke, grill, cook, boil :twisted:, and even take a nap whenever I want to. Should have retired years ago so I could have caught up on the things I wanted to do. :laugh: :laugh: Congrats on the new "toy"! Enjoy it and post some pictures of the great food that will come off of it.

Omar

Haha, Exactly! Gotta love being stuck at home! I'm pretty excited. Its almost like if I heard of the blackstone before I bought my smoker I'd almost be more interested in buying the blackstone first.

Well.... maybe not. I've pulled some amazing stuff from the smoker so I'd probably have both no matter what!

OK I'm getting mixed information here about the seasoning of the blackstone griddle. Do you season with multiple layers of oil. or 1 layer of oil? I read on the manual of the blackstone's website that it says to use 1 layer of oil. where I've seen else where says to do multiple layers. which should route should i do? I'm leaning more towards doing multiple layers

I succumbed to the pressure last week and got a BS 36 as well..put together in less than an hour.

On the seasoning part...I did what they suggested....washed with soapy water....heated it up and put some oil on...also threw and handful chopped onions on just for S&G's...started cooking right afterwards....GL

I succumbed to the pressure last week and got a BS 36 as well..put together in less than an hour.

On the seasoning part...I did what they suggested....washed with soapy water....heated it up and put some oil on...also threw and handful chopped onions on just for S&G's...started cooking right afterwards....GL

Haha yeah, I just wonder what the next item this site is gonna talk me into buying will be!?

Did the griddle top turn black all around? or will this be after several cooks?

Haha yeah, I just wonder what the next item this site is gonna talk me into buying will be!?

Did the griddle top turn black all around? or will this be after several cooks?

Welcome to the club! You're gonna love it - especially for breakfast (IMHO).

I got a bit of a black finish with the onions, but only a bit. Really turned black after the first big batch of bacon for me. Probably did something wrong. Did the soapy water first and cleaned it thoroughly and allowed it to dry completely, then heated it with oil for quite awhile and wiped. Did a big batch of sliced onions and chased them all over the grill. Think I did another round of oil after. Was "OK", but not real happy until the bacon.

Just keep using it and wiping a bit of oil on before/after cooks with heat, and you'll eventually get it looking real good.

Congratulations and welcome to the griddle club! :-D

57147874.jpg

Well maybe not. Ordered overnight shipping from amazon. well I just checked the shipping and its under a "delay" holy cow. this sucks. I hope its not delayed over til Thursday

You said it would be here tomorrow, now we're gonna be tuff. :boxing:

Ha!! Can't wait to see it when you get it!! I know you will love it!!

You said it would be here tomorrow, now we're gonna be tuff. :boxing:

Well get tough with the UPS company for me! They need it! hopefully they fix their crap so I don't have to call amazon tomorrow complaining that their guaranteed next day delivery was delayed! hopefully they will settle up with me if it is a day late

Did the griddle top turn black all around?

Yes it did...done about 4 cooks of various items and its getting blacker & blacker....GL on your delivery

Yeah dang it! Delivery has been changed for Thursday! GRRR. how could UPS just leave it at a facility? lol

Back