MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:13 AM   #1
Huh? What?
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Brining tenderloin.

Does anyone here ever brine beef tenderloin before cooking it? I've smoked whole beef tenderloin before, but always seasoned the outside. I'm considering brining the tenderloin I am doing for Labor Day.

What do you think?
Huh? What? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
oldbill
is Blowin Smoke!

You can brine just about anything, in most cases brining is very beneficial. Just be sure to adjust your seasonings later for salt content.
Usually I do a "dry" brine with beef cuts by simply sprinkling some kosher salt on a few hours before I cook, I then seal the meat in a zip lock or a container of some kind. The moisture in the meat is first forced out by the salt but then gets sucked back in along with the salt as it seals the meat on the exterior. The result is a tastier piece of meat with good salt penetration as well as better moisture retention.
Which ever method you choose you should get good results, with that said though the dry brine is quicker and easier IMO!
Here's a little article from amazingribs.com on dry brining...
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_...y_brining.html

Old 08-31-2015, 08:30 AM   #3
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

Never wet brined beef but you could salt it before and throw it in the fridge for 1h+. Tenderizes and seasons the beef that way.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/t...ct-steaks.html
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2015, 08:37 AM   #4
Kack
Full Fledged Farker

The dry brine method is great if you like the extra salt flavor. I do, the gf doesn't so I cheat it and used alderwood smoke sea salt. The smoke flavor hits harder than the salt
Kack is offline   Reply With Quote