My UDS and some pRon

mattkm

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I added some more pics, and the basic build stuff to the mother of UDS threads, and the UDS pics thread, so I wont bore with those again. But, I just wanted to show an updated pic of the UDS, and some of the food pron that has been coming off of it in the last couple of weeks since building it.
I have been having a blast! This smoking thing is all new to me, and I've learned almost everything so far from this forum, thank you all!
Here's the smoker getting fired up for a pork roast yesterday(which I totally forgot to take pictures of, I blame it on that new bottle opener getting used way too many times:doh:):
IMG_20150809_083120161_HDR.jpg

And, here's some food I did get some pictures of:
A spatchcocked chicken to start:
IMG_20150717_180125163.jpg

A couple different types of fatties, man, were those ever a hit with everyone!:
IMG_20150718_182821154.jpg

And, a whole turkey:
IMG_20150726_175906085.jpg

I've also done another flattened chicken, another fattie, and the pork roast yesterday that I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of. It was easily the best piece of meat I've ever eaten! There's lots of left overs for some pulled pork.
Thanks again for all the help the forum has offered, both the smoking information, and also everything I needed to know to build and use the UDS, like I said, it's been a blast experimenting and learning.
I look forward to helping out other newbies starting their builds!
Matt

nice job on your smoker and cook, i like the side tray/moving handle/tool holder, very efficient use of space.

Look tasty. I love poultry on the drum.

I'm with Dave, I may have to add a side table and wheels to mine. I was going to use casters but that hand truck style seems much easier.

Great lookin' drum and food. Nice color on that chicken. Looks delicious!

Thanks guys.
The shelf/handle works great, but, I'm thinking of adding a matching one on the other side too, never enough shelf space.
The wheels work great, I had them here already, so I used them, but, if I was to do it again, I would go a little bigger for the rougher ground.
Matt

Looks good! What did you end up stuffing your fatty with?

I've done two different kinds so far, but stayed pretty simple on both:
The top one in the picture is Italian sausage meat, with some shredded tex-mex cheese and some spices.
The bottom one is regular ground beef, stuffed with cheddar, a couple strips of bacon and some mushrooms and onions.
They were both great, and the voting for a favorite was about 50/50 of the people at my son's birthday party the day I made them.
I'd like to get a little fancier next time.
Matt

Looks good! thanks for sharing...

Back