Good to be home!!!

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We spent a little over three days on California. We got in before noon on Friday and checked into hour hotel in Anaheim. Ordered a pizza, garlic bread, monster salad, spaghetti for two from a place that advertised on the key card for the room. Pretty good pizza, really good garlic bread, generous salad with nasty dressing, and edible pasta. But since the food lasted the entire trip for snacks, and at a price of $23, I can say House of Pizza is a winner.

Friday night I ended up at Downtown Disney and The House of Blues. Since I was full I just had a bottle of Bass Ale. Food that I sampled was pretty good, but being at Disney way overpriced for the quality. The dinner special for Tilapia was $19, with adequate mashed potatoes, and boring broccoli.

Saturday was THE day. The better half went to Disney with friends. I jumped the the lunchbox on wheels from Enterprise and headed to Long Beach. Tommy FARKING Kendall is an amazing host. Instead of hitting a bar for beer he iced down some Dos Equis, and picked up the ingredients to make some chicken enchiladas. I got the tour of the area, and understand why he wanted to move back to SoCal. Absolutely beautiful! TK fired up the kettle and cooked up the chicken that ended up in the enchiladas we made for lunch. I learned a thing or two about making rice, pickled eggs, and his refried beans! Best meal and company I had the entire trip. TK, thanks for the hospitality you and your wife extended. It was the highlight of my trip.

From Casa TK I headed to Laguna Beach to see an old friend. It turns out that he was getting sick so we talked for a little bit and then I let him get some rest, and headed back to Anaheim.

I was able to talk my way out of going to see Elton John. No doubt the guy has talent, but even with a free ticket it just wasn't for me. After the show we drove around looking for someplace to eat, even though I was still stuffed from lunch. Settled on Joe's Crab Shack near Disney and enjoyed the show. Wait staff in costume, AARP convention goers, and some SoCal women that had spent more on implants than I have on cars....

Sunday is the roady to visit some of Michelle's family in Bakersfield. Got my In-N-Out fix. I also learned that the gerbils under the hood of the econbox I was driving did not like the hills north of LA:lol: Lunch in Bakersfield was soup and salad, to get my colon jump started. Dinner ended up being the same at a place called Tahoe Joe's. Great food! I did soup and salad again but the soup was OUTSTANDING. Basically it was like a chicken pot pie. It was good enough that I didn't mind skipping the steak on the menu! Left Anaheim at 9 AM and got back at 11:30 PM. Long day.

Monday.....Michelle had tentative plans for us to go back to Disney with her friends. That was the plan until I looked at tickets. $83 farking dollars a head for the park hopper ticket so that you can do Disney, and California Adventure. I passed, and we decided to drive up to Magic Mountain LA at the last minute since our Six Flags season passes were good there. On the way we finally stopped for some Q at a place Michelle had eaten at with her family years ago before we met. The Bear Pit, 'Missouri style BBQ'? They opened for lunch at 11:30 so we had to wait about 20 minutes, but I saw wood locked up outside so there was hope. What I got, DID NOT taste like any of the Q I've ever had. I got the BBQ beef sandwich on garlic toast. The garlic toast was really good. The beef....did have a smoke ring but no smoke flavor. In fact it had no flavor. It was shaved roast beef, with a mediocre (at best) sauce. The serving size was huge, and their business was as well. I ate half of my sandwich and couldn't take another bite. I was filled, but not satisfied. Next time I'm calling ahead to see about getting Bigmista to cator a meal!

Our friends made reservations at Rainforest Cafe that night:| There is one here in Grapevine. Considering it was comped I sound really ungrateful, but I was tired and just wanted to find some little hole in the wall mexican food place. CINChouse exercised the power of veto and I went back to Downtown Disney. Decent burger, sampled a mediocre rib, cold Sam Adams.

Anyplace is a great place to visit if you get to see another brother. Thanks again TK!

Welcome home, Jorge. Glad you had a decent time.

I'm sorry to point out that you used the word "gerbil" and "colon" in the same sentence, though. Must be a SoCal thing. <grin>

Arlin

Arlin_MacRae said:
Welcome home, Jorge. Glad you had a decent time.

I'm sorry to point out that you used the word "gerbil" and "colon" in the same sentence, though. Must be a SoCal thing. <grin>

Arlin
LMAO Arlin
Good to have you home, Jorge. You got an econo car? :twisted: When I called them they promised me you'd get a minivan! :biggrin:

Great story, but I really didn't need to hear about your colon and the gerbil. Did the gerbil make it home safe?

BrooklynQ said:
Great story, but I really didn't need to hear about your colon and the gerbil. Did the gerbil make it home safe?

I'm sure he was tucked away, warm and safe, for the return trip!

How dare that restaurant state "Missouri style BBQ".....we're not a style.....we're an art form! Roast beef on garlic bread, you can get at a Subway's.

Welcome home Jorge!

Solidkick said:
How dare that restaurant state "Missouri style BBQ".....we're not a style.....we're an art form! Roast beef on garlic bread, you can get at a Subway's.

Welcome home Jorge!

I thought about the Belly Bros spread at Bass Pro and nearly called you to let you explain to the better half what Missiouri Q is......but then I remembered another call you had to a waitress in Long Island...and well...I was just too insecure:lol:

Just glad your home, safe and in one piece.

Jorge said:
I thought about the Belly Bros spread at Bass Pro and nearly called you to let you explain to the better half what Missiouri Q is......but then I remembered another call you had to a waitress in Long Island...and well...I was just too insecure:lol:

Son.......trust me.......I'm all talk.....:tongue:

Back