THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
Not being serious about that.

However...

Our ten year-old grill needs replaced. To rebuild it would be as much as a new one. So, this morning we were at the local big box home improvement store buying pieces/parts to finish a new raised garden bed, and I spotted a six burner gas grill with rotisserie, and side burner with deep fry station!

AND SHE SAID WE DIDN'T NEED A GRILL THAT BIG!

Seriously, we're in the market for a new gas grill. Any suggestions? Any brands to avoid like the plague?

After years of buying cheap grills, I bought a weber. I love it. It is just a 3 burner with stainless steel burners, burners covers and grate. It is a lot of money up front, but the warranty is great.

If you can get through a couple more months you could probably get your new grill on sale.

I'm a big lover of Weber Products. So I would stick with them.

Ducane used to be good but weber bought them about 10 years ago and they aren't that good anymore. I found that out the hard way when I bought an expensive stainless Ducane at Lowes and it wasn't that great a grill. To top it off couldn't get parts for it after it started to fall apart after a few years. I scrapped it and bought the Weber.

Chris

When I was looking to replace my old Weber Genesis I was sure that I was buying another Weber. Then I saw a review by Brethren member BBQ Grail for the Saber IR grills. After talking to Larry I went to look at them and was sold. The Saber Cast 500 was the same price as the stainless Weber Genesis but much better built. I've had mine for two years now and I'm glad I went with the Saber.

https://www.sabergrills.com/product/5002/SABER-CAST-500.aspx

I have a bunch of pictures here...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/20720548@N07/JhV6A0

Don't get a gas grill. I get by without one and I will never get one. a stick burner has been good for me for a long time and just added a wsm which I will break in on Monday but gas grills aren't my thing

When I was looking to replace my old Weber Genesis I was sure that I was buying another Weber. Then I saw a review by Brethren member BBQ Grail for the Saber IR grills. After talking to Larry I went to look at them and was sold. The Saber Cast 500 was the same price as the stainless Weber Genesis but much better built. I've had mine for two years now and I'm glad I went with the Saber.

https://www.sabergrills.com/product/5002/SABER-CAST-500.aspx

I have a bunch of pictures here...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/20720548@N07/JhV6A0

You might be changing my mind on gassers, I'm going to check them out,
as we are on the market for a new one also.

Go IR, or go home:mrgreen: I broke down and bought an infrared model 4 years ago and have been very happy with it. Always before, the fat from meat would drip down on the burner covers/heat diffusers and they would rust away every other year or so. The burner it's self would rust and need replaced even though I always cover the grill when it cools off.

The burners on the IR still have no rust and will last a long time yet, if not for the life of the grill. I don't think it gets quite as hot as non IR grills, but it does a heckuva job!

I looked at the Lion grills online but at the time there wasn't a dealer in this area, so I couldn't see one in person

My house had a natural gas outlet on the porch when we bought it. Had to order the NG version of the Weber Genesis Gold 3 burner with side burner. That was 12 years ago and it still lites and cooks as if new.
They make the best gas grills and we like burgers and chicken grilled. My stick burner is my favorite way to cook. Just something special about man, fire, food.

Back