MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave
Default Don't hardly ever shop at Winn Dixie . . . but

on the 4th I will go out of my way, fo sho!

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Wi...ice=tablet&c=y

Winn Dixie is a southeastern grocery chain headquartered in Jacksonville, Fl. If the Davis family is willing to make this kind of commitment I'm willing to break my habits and get behind their commitment.

Happy 4th y'all, please just remember what it is all about!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #2
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

we are doing the same thing david....no winn dixies around us but we are going to Destin for the 4th for a week...saturday is shopping day for groceries for the condo!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
dwfisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbounds286 View Post
we are doing the same thing david....no winn dixies around us but we are going to Destin for the 4th for a week...saturday is shopping day for groceries for the condo!
Some of the best beaches in the world, hope y'all have a great time. Be safe on the drive.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #5
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Some of the best beaches in the world, hope y'all have a great time. Be safe on the drive.
yup...grew up my whole life driving 13 hours one way with my parents from Fort Worth to get to Destin(Seaside really) and havent been in quite a long time. Now I am taking my wife and step son for the first time.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
dwfisk

Quote:
yup...grew up my whole life driving 13 hours one way with my parents from Fort Worth to get to Destin(Seaside really) and havent been in quite a long time. Now I am taking my wife and step son for the first time.
Seaside??? There used to be a place back in the pine flatwoods called Criolla's near Greyton Beach that had some of the best seafood I've ever had.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #7
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

ya Seaside, FL....its like...a neighborhood with a post office lol...its small...but its a neat place...like 30 min outside of Destin...but its like 7k a week to stay there now so forget that!

Old 07-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
Bludawg

That's a good thing WD is doing stepping up . Things like that give me hope for our future.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #9
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

BiLo is doing the same thing.
TQ 250 deluxe ([COLOR="Red"]gone but not forgotten[/COLOR])
[COLOR="Blue"]"Let me get a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper. Make it fast I'm in a gosh dang hurry"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]IMBAS[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Certified[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]MOINK[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Baller[/COLOR]
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #10
deepsouth

Quote:
ya Seaside, FL....its like...a neighborhood with a post office lol...its small...but its a neat place...like 30 min outside of Destin...but its like 7k a week to stay there now so forget that!

That place is awesome. I got married down there many moons ago. We stopped going as well when it started getting over $4K. I can't even believe it's almost double that now.

I'll be visiting Winn Dixie tomorrow as well.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

gotta get my Dawson's yogurt on!

Old 07-03-2015, 05:17 AM   #12
dwfisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqwilly View Post
BiLo is doing the same thing.
Yep, Southeastern Grocers ownes Winn Dixie, BiLo & Harveys, sounds like they are all in.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:38 AM   #13
Rusty Kettle
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you with the face!

That's awesome! What an amazing gesture. I never shop there. I think we have a BiLo. My wife does most of our shopping maybe we will have to stop and do some grocery shopping.
Rusty Kettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #14
Melissaredhead
is One Chatty Farker

Very cool. That's what it's about.

Happy Independence Day
Melissaredhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #15
Danny B
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Seaside??? There used to be a place back in the pine flatwoods called Criolla's near Greyton Beach that had some of the best seafood I've ever had.
Sadly Criolla's is no more but there are so many other great places in the area. I've had a place there since 1994 so JBounds if you need any restaurant suggestions please feel free to PM me.

I saw locally our Harvey's are doing the same as Winn Dixie. I decided last night to make a point to shop there this weekend.