Chicken @ 250

Tut-T-Que

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i plan on smoking ribs and the family also wants chicken. i usually do ribs at 250. can i do chicken at the same temp and have crispy skin on the chicken? i usually do chicken around 300. any help would be much appreciated.

IMO it really takes temps of 300 or better to get skin to not be rubbery. I did some yesterday at around 325 and it turned out very good.

At 250 the skin will not crisp up. You can crank up the heat once the ribs are done to crisp up the skin.

Cook them bones at 325 with the chicken or put the birds on something else

how yall think the ribs will turn out if cooked around 300-325? jus as tender as they would at 250 or no?

how yall think the ribs will turn out if cooked around 300-325? jus as tender as they would at 250 or no?

I cook ribs @ 400-600* and they're tender....so 300-325 won't hurt a thing and they'll turn out great as long as you don't over cook them.

You could always plan to have the ribs done an hour early and hold them, then use that hour to crank the heat up to 325+ to finish off the chicken.

Higher temps work fine for ribs too, but keep an eye on them real close, if they start to get too dark or the rub starts to burn you'll want to wrap them if they're not tender yet.

Place on smoker with ribs at 250, fire up a Weber kettle hot as hell. When chicken is done throw on kettle to crisp up skin / set sauce, finish. Just my $.02

I regularly cook ribs at 325-350 with amazing results. Just don't let them get to dark and they will over cook easily to the point you can't pick them up without them falling apart.

how long usually cook time? for the ribs? im at 5hrs for @250. you think about 4hrs @325

i got it goin about 250-300 the whole time. results will be posted

Back