MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
chaostheory
Full Fledged Farker

Default BBQ Pitmasters

Just wondering if anyone knows if they are having another season of pitmasters this year?

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-13-2015, 01:36 AM   #2
Gary Tomato
is one Smokin' Farker

Sometime in May, with some twists, http://press.discovery.com/us/da/pro...bq-pitmasters/
Gary Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #3
DevineSwine
Full Fledged Farker

I am kind of worn out on it. Its not really fun to watch anymore after it has become so game showish so to speak.
DevineSwine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #4
Ribeye Republic
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevineSwine View Post
I am kind of worn out on it. Its not really fun to watch anymore after it has become so game showish so to speak.
So sick of, oh oh #3 that's me, that's me....
LSG Insulated Cabinet - Big Red
Ribeye Republic is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I just Video myself & play it back I'm much more entertaining and informative

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #6
Coat
is one Smokin' Farker

I'd like to see them do another season like the 1st season. I like both set ups, but it'd be nice to mix it up with another behind the scenes contest tour like season 1.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

Little bit of heat. Little bit of sweet

Primo Oval XL, BPS drum, Weber gasser
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #8
tnfan47
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coat View Post
I'd like to see them do another season like the 1st season. I like both set ups, but it'd be nice to mix it up with another behind the scenes contest tour like season 1.
Yea I usually re-watch those seasons when Myron and other pros participate in contests on netflix. Can't stand the recent layout of BBQ Pitmasters.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 AM   #9
Coat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfan47 View Post
Yea I usually re-watch those seasons when Myron and other pros participate in contests on netflix. Can't stand the recent layout of BBQ Pitmasters.
Yep. I subject my wife to a season 1 marathon pretty regularly. Jonny Trigg threatening to whoop everybody, Myron cussin up a storm. It's classic.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #10
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

I think much like other reality shows, these things eventually run out of material that keeps viewer's interest. Look no further than Duck Dynasty. The show has evolved so much that if you go back and look at the shows that made the show exceedingly popular and compare it to what it is now. It's changed a lot. Nothing on tv is forever.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #11
Richard1233
is one Smokin' Farker

Lots of sweet with a little heat on the back end. They all say the same thing. They never give information u can't learn from smoking a couple times. I enjoy watching the Netflix ones cuz Johnny trig and Myron Mixon are awesome but hearing every new bbq enthusiast repeat the same thing on every show is worn out. More and more people now rolling with commercial bbq sauce blends like Johnny trig as well. Be innovative and do something different And I'll start watching again.
Richard1233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #12
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1233 View Post
Lots of sweet with a little heat on the back end. They all say the same thing. They never give information u can't learn from smoking a couple times. I enjoy watching the Netflix ones cuz Johnny trig and Myron Mixon are awesome but hearing every new bbq enthusiast repeat the same thing on every show is worn out. More and more people now rolling with commercial bbq sauce blends like Johnny trig as well. Be innovative and do something different And I'll start watching again.
I think herein lies the problem. You get to a point with content that the next progression would be to start giving away secrets. Which we all know ain't gonna happen. Outside of people's personal information that distinguishes them from others, you're basically stuck talking about basic stuff that once you've covered it you've covered it. You run out of material pretty quick.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #13
DriverWild
is one Smokin' Farker

When they switched formats to include the "Sidewinder Challenge" and eliminate a team for cooking snake & etc. I lost interest. That being said, if there is nothing else on I would watch an episode.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #14
Shiz-Nit
is Blowin Smoke!

Hay its BBQ and or grilling related I enjoy the show. Do I like the 1st season better? Of course I do.... It is nice seeing some teams I have competed against on the show with a chance win some nice cash. I support BBQ Pitmasters and BBQ Wars.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
Boston Smoker
On the road to being a farker

I mostly watch to see what people are smoking on rather than listening about their "flavor profiles". That said, I do get sucked in and need to see who wins...