Leg of Lamb

BrianS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Howdy Brethren!

About a month ago I posted for help on how to do a lamb's leg. Naturally I got all sorts of ideas and today is the day!
I deviated from alot of the methods in that I applied one of my dry rubs and left overnight in the fridge. I then made the paste from garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt/pepper. Made slits in the leg and covered with the paste. I didnt get the paste as thick as I wanted to as I didnt have enough garlic for that. Anyway, I am hoping this will turn out good. This is my first rodeo doing this. It did fit in my Green Egg which was good as I didnt feel like using wood for my big cooker this morning. I am lazy this morning LOL

Oh and thanks to all of you that give me ideas in that other thread!:-D

Attachments

• IMG_5509.jpg
    IMG_5509.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 203
Looking good Brethern. I get a bit crazy for the garlic too when doing a leg and sometimes use as much as two small bulbs making little slits and stuffing cloves of garlic in. That paste you got there looks killer and the Kamado is a great way to cook it.

Looking good Brethern. I get a bit crazy for the garlic too when doing a leg and sometimes use as much as two small bulbs making little slits and stuffing cloves of garlic in. That paste you got there looks killer and the Kamado is a great way to cook it.
Thanks! Its been in the cooker almost an hour. Already looking good. I'll post pics as this plays out

Holy COW! I didnt think it was gonna cook this fast. Of course while I was making the kids breakfast the BGE spiked up to 300F. Its almost done. Guess who will have an early lunch today. I'll let it rest for an hour in a cooler before I carve it up. Its looking pretty good (I think)

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 174
Looks fantastic from here.
You can rest a leg for 4 hours if you need.just wrap and fill the cooler full of towel etc

Looks fantastic!
I'm cooking a leg of lamb today.

I'd love to cook it on the BGE but sometimes the family wants things cooked from the oven.

Cross your fingers for me so maybe I'll get to do it my way.

Back