What's a good spritz for spares?

Well, you're not going to like this, but the BEST spritz is.......

NOT opening that farking cooker!

Spritzing kills cook time!
Just let em go and put some good stuff in the foil if you feel the need.
Spritzing doesn't offer much benefit I don't think.

During comps, we spritz one time, and that's only spritzing the meat when we put the ribs on the smoker. We spritz with Parkay. The oil won't evaporate like water or apple juice or vinegar will.

Yep, I'm a no spritz guy here, just SPOG, and let the cooker work its magic, I love the real flavor of the pork or beef, I really don't like to mess with it to much:-D!

KC

Apple or pineapple juice seems to be the standard. I don't sprits either, but I've seen some good competitors do it. If you're foiling, it will probably gets lots of moisture if you add juice to it then.

Just for kicks, on my next rib cook I might try spraying through the top vent on my WSM and see if I notice a difference:noidea:

I like to spritz during the last half hour, not so much for flavor, but for appearance.

Just plain apple juice adds a nice sheen to the product without using a BBQ sauce or glaze. Just a little spray will go a long way in the last minutes of the cook.

I was trying to decide the same thing myself. Switched the menu up for today and now i have some random spares, baby backs and a split chicken. Applejuice for the ribs, last half hour or so. Pineapple with a little soy sounds interesting too.

50/50 apple juice and apple cider vinegar in the last few hours of cooking works for me. I found spritzing any sooner just rinses off the rub.

slightly used beer:p Cherry coke diluted 50 % with water and Sailor Jerry Don't Water Jerry down!!

I am not a spritzer but if I did I would lean toward apple juice.

50/50 apple juice and oil of your choice. Just shake the bottle every time before spritzing. Spritzing does nothing more than controlling the bark where you like it best.

50 Apple juice, 40 apple cider vinegar 10 oil with a little rub.

Back