MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
QorDie
Got Wood.

Default Chuck Beef Ribs...online anywhere?

Anybody know of a supplier online of the full plate chuck beef ribs? Not cut into short ribs... Big Poppa Smokers stopped selling theirs and direct you to SRF who doesn't carry it. Creekstone only carries back ribs. Looking for Online as I want to send them out as gifts.
QorDie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
Ol'Joe
is one Smokin' Farker

I just googled chuck beef ribs for sale and got 176,000 results, should be something in there for you, good luck..

Old 03-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

Have u tried asking Kroger? My local Kroger sells them that way you just have to ask

Old 03-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
QorDie
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbounds286 View Post
Have u tried asking Kroger? My local Kroger sells them that way you just have to ask
I'll try my local Kroger / Central Market - I've been using Rudolphs downtown for my own supply. What specifically are you asking them so they know what you're talking about? My local kroger meat department....not the brightest - they told me they couldn't bone & tie a rib roast...my guess is "Do you have any short-ribs cryovacs that haven't been cut to size yet?" might work?

But for this thread, I need online because I want to ship some as gifts to some friends outside of Texas.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDie View Post
"Do you have any short-ribs cryovacs that haven't been cut to size yet?" might work?.
exactly....full plate short rib...should come in a 2 pack cryovac. in store they just open em and cut them up before packaging and putting them on the shelf

Old 03-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
QorDie
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Joe View Post
I just googled chuck beef ribs for sale and got 176,000 results, should be something in there for you, good luck..
You'd think so, but I spent a fair amount of time trying to find something via Google and couldn't. Things like Creekstone/Big Poppa/SRF (ie, specialty bbq meat suppliers) rarely pop up in my searches, found them all via the brethren, so hoping to do the same here.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #7
JoSal73
Full Fledged Farker

Restaurant Depot in Richardson carries them. Dallas one used to, but they've since stopped