MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

Default iGrill2 Connectivity

So i got my iGrill2 today via the fedex guy....i have to say i was worried at first about the connectivity of this unit being bluetooth and people saying how bluetooth has issues with walls and thats why they went for the maverick...well....that is incorrect.

I hooked up the iGrill2 in the backyard...went inside...still connected...went to the front of the house..still connected...went to the front yard...still connected...halfway across the street...still connected...and then it lost connection.

So yea, for those of you who are worried about signal loss...dont be...2 exterior walls a few interior walls and half way across the street with no loss of signal....oh and the 4 probe capability thing is def better than 2. so id give this one a thumbs up!

oh and the fact that all the probes(i have the 2 that come with it and the extra ambient temp probe) snap together for easy storage so you dont lose them is a nice pro

I am using my Samsung Galaxy S 3 running android 4.3

Last edited by jbounds286; 12-01-2014 at 12:39 PM..
jbounds286 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Cool! Thanks for the test! What phone or tablet were you using?

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! BBQ Brethren Chicago Area Picnic Planning Starting Soon

Naked Fatties Rock!

4x Hunsaker Cans/PK360 X 2/Campchef FTG600/Southern Q Limo Elite/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

What were you connected to (phone make/model/BT protocol of device)? Receiving device is a big factor in this equation, also.
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Dmakkk
Full Fledged Farker

I have one and I second that... I had it for 5 months now and have not experience any issues.
Dmakkk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
Grafixgibbs
is one Smokin' Farker

My mini works great throughout the house. Whether on the grill in the backyard or the smoker in the driveway.

BBQ is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

KCBS Member
CBJ
55 gallon Texas Grill (deceased), CS-680 Louisiana Grill, Charbroil R2 unit, Weber Performer
Grafixgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
Ribeye Republic
is one Smokin' Farker

Where did you order it from?
LSG Insulated Cabinet - Big Red
Ribeye Republic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
Quint
Full Fledged Farker

Hmmm mine doesn't work 10 ft away with only a window in between on my iPhone 4s. Wonder why????? What happens when your phone goes to sleep and you turn back on are you still connected or do your have to reconnect at the device?

WSM 22"
Rec Tec RT-700
Weber Genesis E-330
Quint is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Hmmm mine doesn't work 10 ft away with only a window in between on my iPhone 4s. Wonder why????? What happens when your phone goes to sleep and you turn back on are you still connected or do your have to reconnect at the device?
It could be that window. My Maverick stopped working inside out house when we put in new windows with low-E glass. The low-E glass has a metallic film between the panes and that blocks the signal.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! BBQ Brethren Chicago Area Picnic Planning Starting Soon

Naked Fatties Rock!

4x Hunsaker Cans/PK360 X 2/Campchef FTG600/Southern Q Limo Elite/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Quint
Full Fledged Farker

unfortunately my Maverick works in the house in the same area that igrill2 does not. I'm going to try some experimenting and see what's up. I really like the unit but will be very disappointed if it doesn't actually work remotely. Thanks for the observation though.

WSM 22"
Rec Tec RT-700
Weber Genesis E-330
Quint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
Sweat'in Pig
On the road to being a farker

My iGrill went in the trash about three months after I bought it, could not get it to sync 10 feet from the smoker. If I remember right the support line was only open 9-5 weekdays. So if you have a problem after 5 or on the weekends.....guess what...yup! Your screwed. iGrill is not a apple product. Got me once won't get me twice.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
grantw
is One Chatty Farker

If you compared the two side by side like I did you would be surprised at what a pos that igrill is

Old 12-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #12
mn_big_dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbounds286 View Post
I am using my Samsung Galaxy S 3 running android 4.3
For the people asking what phone he is using.....I'd guess a Samsung Galaxy SIII with android 4.3 :)
mn_big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #13
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_big_dog View Post
For the people asking what phone he is using.....I'd guess a Samsung Galaxy SIII with android 4.3 :)
That was edited about an hour after the original post with the inquiries being posted between the original post and the edit...
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #14
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweat'in Pig View Post
My iGrill went in the trash about three months after I bought it, could not get it to sync 10 feet from the smoker. If I remember right the support line was only open 9-5 weekdays. So if you have a problem after 5 or on the weekends.....guess what...yup! Your screwed. iGrill is not a apple product. Got me once won't get me twice.
you probably broke it lol....and thank god its not an apple product...apple makes ****

Old 12-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #15
N2Q

I switched to the igrill2 after running a maverick for many years. It did not work so well for me. Would not stay connected 50 ft away. I just went back to the maverick and the igrill2 is going in the trash. I'm glad yours worked better than mine.
N2Q is offline   Reply With Quote