MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed
Default Memphis Dry Rub Pork Chops/ Sassy Sauce

This weeks Weber recipe

Pork Rib Chops with Memphis Dry Rub and Sassy Barbecue Sauce

Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Rub
1-1/2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
1-1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

6 bone-in pork rib chops, 10 to 12 oz each and about 1" thick
Canola oil

1. In a small heavy-bottom saucepan, whisk the sauce ingredients with 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. In a spice grinder, pulse the peppercorns and the mustard seed until coarsely ground. Place in a small bowl and add the remaining rub ingredients, mixing well.

3. Allow the chops to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Lightly brush or spray the chops on both sides with oil and season with the rub, pressing the spices into the meat. Grill over direct medium heat until barely pink in the center of the meat, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with the sauce on the side.

Makes 6 servings

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
jt
Babbling Farker

This has been printed and will be tried soon. Thanks, Bill!

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
brian j
Knows what a fatty is.

i got this recipe too. i pulled two chops out of the freezer this morning and was planning to do a stuffed pork chop recipe i've been wanting to try, but i may try this instead. decisions decisions...

Old 09-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #4
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian j
i got this recipe too. i pulled two chops out of the freezer this morning and was planning to do a stuffed pork chop recipe i've been wanting to try, but i may try this instead. decisions decisions...
not a bad place to be in

Just a reminder, anyone can sign up to get these in email from Weber. They are not mine and I don't claim to have tried or created them.

Mine, in no uncertain terms, would contain mustard, unless a shovel was involved

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote