How to cook Wagyu steaks

SmokinM

Full Fledged Farker
Hi everyone,

Our Costco has some really nice Wagyu steaks and was wondering if they are worth buying and how do you cook it.

I would prefer to pan fry in a cast iron but do not have one and my only other option is to grill it using my OTG.

Thanks

I really like the way quality beef tastes using a cast iron skillet on the grill. I will sear the heck out of them and then finish indirect to desired doneness at relatively high-heat. Turn out awesome. A little butter melted over the steak makes them even better.

YUM,..... the best way to cook a wagu steak is any way you want,..... at my house !!LOL :clap2: You can get cast iron pans for pretty cheap, go get one if that's your preference !!:thumb:

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking if I fired up the OTG there would be major flare ups due to the fat content of the steak and I hate the way it taste when it burns and flares up on the meat. Maybe I should get a cast iron pan like suggested.

If you have a Goodwill store (or something similar) nearby look for cast iron there. Lots of folks don't realize what they have and donate them and you can get a great deal if you are patient.

Back