Two Butts and a Brisket- Starting....now!

gadgetdad

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I just put on two Butts and Brisket and I have the smoker thermometer getting thrown up to the web- charlessauer.com

I only had time to program one thermometer because two takes some parsing that I need some time to figure out. That will be for next time, but for now...if you want to see the temperature of my smoker- you can.

I have a WSM 22.5 the two butts are one the bottom rack and the brisket is taking up most of the top. Should be a fun......few hours? :)

Charlie

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Don't forget to post a pic or 12.

Looks likes the smoker is holding steady at 240... but I don't see your meat probes.

looking forward to seeing some pictures of the cook/set-up.

***update****

To answer a couple of questions- No meat probe on the website because I haven't written the parsing code yet, but I have a Maverick ET-73 doing that work. I have attached the other ET-73 probe to a DIY Wifi-Thermometer.

- It was working well until the batteries died on me about 1:30am. Guess I need a bigger battery--- and some cleaner code.

Also, no Guru my WSM seems to keep really steady temps for several hours after I get it up to temp and the vents set right. That said.....when my batteries died I was fooled for several hours and the temps had dropped considerably.

Pictures are incoming. I am at about 12 hours and everything seems to be coming to temp and done-ness.

Back