Opinions on this CL offset -->

SlowSmoked

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Opinions on this offset for sell on CL?

Apparently the seller live down the street. How hard would it be to switch out handles. Obviously, I would want to see the inside.

I'd prefer an 18-20" but that ought to be a Decent pit and fair price.

Price is good for that size and should be easy to get it home. Question is how much do you normally cook and will this fit your needs?

$275 is an excellent price for a 1/4 inch steel cooker and it looks to be in great condition as well!:shock: I believe that it's a "Lyfe Tyme" smoker and I've looked at a few of them at HEB. They do have thick steel but the ones that I saw seemed to have large gaps around the doors or poorly fitted doors.
Here's a link to the Lyfe Tyme web page and a link to a forum page called "2CoolFishing" where a thread was posted with pictures.
http://www.lyfetyme.com/pits.html

http://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=289656

As already stated you have to ask yourself if this cooker meets your needs. Then ask yourself will it fill your future needs depending on your cooking plans.

I won't ever need to cook for more than 4-6 people with it. It's just going to be a patio smoker.

Anyone have an idea how easy the handles would be to replace?

I won't ever need to cook for more than 4-6 people with it. It's just going to be a patio smoker.

Anyone have an idea how easy the handles would be to replace?

Should be pretty easy if they are screwed or bolted on like they seem in the pictures.

if I still lived in Elizabeth, I would have already grabbed it!

I got it. He helped me pull it from his house down the sidewalk to my garage. Its little but incredibly heavy ;)

Will start a new thread and post some pics. A little rough around the edges but a beast @ $250

I'm not sure it's either a Texaslonghorn or a Lyfe Tyme pit unless it's an old model, just as a casual observation. The handle for the smoking chamber lid is not like either, and doesn't even match the firebox, nor are the placements for the hinges and a couple other minor details. The dimensions of both are also 32x16, and the CL pit is 36x16. Looks like a decent rig, even still, and appears to be in great shape. For 250, would have been a no brainer for me too. Congrats!

Back