Performer ROF Brisket Flat

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
I received several great suggestions yesterday on smoking small 4# brisket flats that were grass fed and extensively trimmed. Thanks DLR, Toast, JeffM827, Ninja and Landarc.

As my pRon will show, I didn't Fark this one up! It turned out really well, even though I was a little worried about drying it out. It probably could have cooked another 1/2 hour in the foil or butcher paper.

I utilized an unorganized Ring Of Fire on the Performer with a little pecan. I actually used a 2-1-1-1 approach, 2 hours uncovered to about 155*, 1 hour with foil and beef broth/ & Worcestershire followed by 1 hour in butcher paper. The kettle ran between 250-300 depending on wind, fuel arrangement and me opening up to check on things. I also had a 1 hour rest.

I took six slices up to the lady that had the briskets. She ate 4 slices while I talked with her and probably finished the rest off after I left. She told me I could have all of the briskets from her beef when they are processed. HOME RUN!

Out of the fridge

A little Oakridge Black Ops action

Missed the uncovered pic, so on with the foil.

Butcher paper wrapped and on with the asparagus.

After the rest!

The first slice and the first bite!

A shot about mid-way...

Nearly ready to serve.

No forks necessary.

Beautiful color on that brisket!! Well done, sir! Next time you do asparagus, try this... EVOO, butter, our Santa Maria rub and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Then, grill just like you did this time. You can thank me later. :thumb:

Next time you do asparagus, try this... EVOO, butter, our Santa Maria rub and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Then, grill just like you did this time. You can thank me later. :thumb:

I will definitely try this soon. Thanks for the tip Mike!

Your Oakridge products are awesome.

That's a nice looking flat. I have thought about getting one, but between fear of over cooking it and what they charge for them, I have passed so far.

That's a nice looking flat. I have thought about getting one, but between fear of over cooking it and what they charge for them, I have passed so far.

Give it a try, there are plenty of people here that will give you the straight scoop and lead you to Q heaven. Just ask!

While I have made quite a few mistakes and everyone does, my successes clearly make up for it. My successes clearly improved after joining up with the Brethren!

Back