MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:27 AM   #1
Brontoburger
Full Fledged Farker

Default Stubb's? Frontier?

Thinking about going to Lowes today. Are these good for just backyard smokin'? Price seems good at any rate. My usual lump is Royal Oak, Kingsford for briq.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Stubbs will never let you down. You may like it better than KBB I know I do.
Don't know about frontier.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

+1 on the Stubbs, I found the Frontier way to variable in size with lots of little crumbles to be very useful and it had lots of fireworks (but I admit to being spoiled, I make my own lump).

Last edited by dwfisk; 05-16-2014 at 06:23 AM..
dwfisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
Garrett
Babbling Farker

You will like Stubbs! The Frontier lump I'm my opinion is very dense and burns a long time, but like mentioned above sometimes you will get a bag that has lots of crumbs in it. I do not buy the Frontier from Lowes because the employees there handle it by the bag and don't care if they throw it around. My local SAMs Club carries it they bring it out and handle it the pallet load. I've had better luck with SAMs Frontier lump. Hope this helps.

With that being said I still like Royal Oak the best.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #5
delarob
Knows what a fatty is.

Bought some of each yesterday with the coupon code. It's the stuff made in mexico. If I think about it later tonight, I'll open up a bag and take pictures of how it looks. I like the stubbs. I'm thinking of trying a mix of the two to see how that works.
delarob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Stubbs is what I use most of the time. You will not be disappointed. Wal-Mart normally has it for $1 less.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Stubbs is what I use most of the time. You will not be disappointed. Wal-Mart normally has it for $1 less.
Amazon does too when they have it in stock.
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #8
TroyA65
is one Smokin' Farker

I agree with the other comments, Stubbs is excellent! I have not tried the Frontier, but apparently they have a couple of different versions and the "Made in the USA" version gets pretty good marks.

Take a look here for reviews on Frontier: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

Old 05-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #9
VeRTiGo91
On the road to being a farker

+1 on Stubbs. Excellent stuff!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #10
Georgiaboy98
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

Can't say enough good things about Stubbs, far superior to KBB IMO!!!