Anyone got pics of a Lang 48 or 60 loaded with food?

Fch619

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Been thinking about ordering a Lang smoker. Not sure if I should go 48 or 60. Just need something to hold me over with decent cooking capacity for small comps, tailgating, and family BBQ. If anyone has a pic of their 48 or 60 loaded up with food, I'd appreciate it. I know the Lang site says what it can hold, but seeing is easier would make my decision a whole lot easier.

Yea I've been told the same thing my only problem is, if I do that, I'm gonna want the 84 over the 60. I'm honestly hoping I can get a look at a 48 loaded up that has a sliding top rack. Im just not too sure if that top rack will cook too quick or how food will fit on it.

If cost is not a factor always go with the bigger choice...You will grow into it....

Good luck in your quest...it can drive you nuts, i know i did...

If I get the 108, I guess I could sleep in it cuz my girl would kick me outa the house for damn sure:laugh:

Been thinking about ordering a Lang smoker. Not sure if I should go 48 or 60. Just need something to hold me over with decent cooking capacity for small comps, tailgating, and family BBQ. If anyone has a pic of their 48 or 60 loaded up with food, I'd appreciate it. I know the Lang site says what it can hold, but seeing is easier would make my decision a whole lot easier.
I was looking at Lang before I bought my pit from LSG and the choice that I had made was the 84 but wouldn't have gotten less than the 60! You could get A LOT of pork butts, chickens, briskets on a 60, or even have plenty of room for a decent sized pig. I think that if you got the 48 you'd be kicking yourself later for not going bigger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ilnPZAPkI8"]Preparing and Cooking a 120 Lb Hog on a Lang 60 Deluxe with Chargrill - YouTube[/ame]

If I get the 108, I guess I could sleep in it cuz my girl would kick me outa the house for damn sure:laugh:
Yeah, but that dang thang is beautiful!!! Looks like an old steam locomotive sitting on the lawn!!!:wink:

Lang 36
picture.php

Lang 48
picture.php

Lang 60
picture.php

Lang 84
picture.php

Decided to go with the 60. Thanks for the suggestions and pics. Helped a ton!!

Bandits pics really helped me figure out how I can load that thing up. Viking, that's a great pic of variety. I won't feel so bad if I'm at home cooking for the family or stuffing it to capacity for fundraisers or reunions.

Bandits pics really helped me figure out how I can load that thing up. Viking, that's a great pic of variety. I won't feel so bad if I'm at home cooking for the family or stuffing it to capacity for fundraisers or reunions.

Yeah, the 60 seems to be the right size for that combination of small and larger cooks. The 48 isn't big enough to load up for big cooks, and the 84 is a little too big for a smaller family cook.

Back