Catering Menu

Parruthead

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I've had some requests for pricing. Keep in mind this is meat only.

I've had a few other bbq guys look at it and give me some pointers and I want your input as well!

I think I'll change the format to a Tri-fold in the future to add more information to the sheet.

I have it a PDF but can't figure it out how to post it, So I'll just copy my text and paste it for now!

Collin Arvey
DBA Parrutheads Tactique
715-745-5###(Home)
715-701-0### (Cell)
Parruthead@Hotmail.com

Brisket appx 18# untrimmed, Yields about 8-9# of Cooked meat Appx $150.00 Each
(can be served either chopped or sliced) Willing to slice on site.
(Yields about 25-5 oz servings)

Pulled Pork Twin packs of butts Yield about 32-40 sandwiches Appx $80.00 Each Pack
(served shredded)
(32-6oz Servings)
(40-5oz Servings)

Ribs - St.Louis Style with rib tips included. 3-racks per pack Appx $90.00 Each Pack
(Cut into individual bones or in two or three bone sections per your request)

Smoked Shredded Chicken 8-10 Chickens would yield 40-50 sandwiches Appx $12.00 per Chicken

Smoked Chicken 1/4's or 1/2's 8-10 Chickens Appx 12.00 per Chicken
(Cut into 1/4's - 32 to 40 pieces)
(Could cut into 8 piece chickens add $1.00 per chicken)

Whole Hog could be smoked in either a Lang 84" Smoker up to #135 Hog P.O.R

Whole Hog in a LaCaja China roasting box up to about #75 Hog P.O.R

(Whole hogs would have to be cooked on site Friday night into Saturday in the Lang or Day of in the La Caja China box)

Based on current prices as of 4/13/2014 Prices subject to market change.

Hogs subject to market price

Any one have suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Huh? I dont understand what your trying to do?

I'm a BBQ guy and i dont understand your pricing so imagine what a customer is going to think?

$30 for a rack of ribs? In Wisconsin?

I agree with others on the content. Too much of the wrong kind of info. I suggest either a short technical description or, brag about your product. How long it's cooked, type of seasoning, etc.

I won't comment on your pricing. You know your costs and I don't.

Good Luck!

I put a Bid in for a company picnic and all they were asking for was Ribs,Chicken,Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Bakebeans, Potato salad, and all the Buns for 200 People how much would you all would charge????

Thanks for the input so far guys! I am going to work on more short descriptive info for the tri-fold.

As far as pricing I went with 2.5 times my cost. So if a Brisket of 18# runs me $54.00 and then add a few dollars for charcoal and rub. I was right at the $150.00 mark same for ribs three pack of ribs at Sam's Club a three pack run's $30.00 add rub, charcoal etc.. I'm right at $90.00 a three pack or $30.00 a rib.. Believe it or not I told a guy today $90.00 and he didn't blink!!!

Mind you these prices to include delivery to the local area!

Does anyone else have a price list of what your charging?

A rack of whole spared are costing me $13.45 per rack, then by the time I put rub and sauce on them I'm pushing $15 a rack cost. I've been selling them for $27 and afraid to go higher. They are not worth doing at all to me.

A rack of whole spared are costing me $13.45 per rack, then by the time I put rub and sauce on them I'm pushing $15 a rack cost. I've been selling them for $27 and afraid to go higher. They are not worth doing at all to me.

Wow! That's a bunch for ribs! That's food cost? Price is up around here but not that much. Can't say I'd blame you for focusing on other.

I put a Bid in for a company picnic and all they were asking for was Ribs,Chicken,Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Bakebeans, Potato salad, and all the Buns for 200 People how much would you all would charge????
If I was in line I would be confused about the choices, so being a pig, I would only go with 1 burger, 1 hot dawg, 2 ribs and 2 pcs of chicken...
The problem with sooo many meats is how do you make sure you have enough, or will they go with the flow and when one runs out, move to the next. However you never really want to run out...also with hot dawgs / burgers are you getting 100 of each bun?
Hot dawgs and burgers you can freeze so use that as your cushion...I just ate at a local hot dawg stand and 2 dawgs and shake cost me 9.00, so if they want all this on the menu you are going to be around 15 each, good luck..

Thats $$$4.41 per pound, for a 3 and down, time to find a new suplier..

WOW I thought I was charging too much for a sdlab at 22 dollars , Im fixing to go to 25.....

:roll::roll::roll:

he means they weigh 3lbs and down.

I'm going to make a suggestion. Price your catering by the pound, I suggest 1/3lb per person cooked product.

Your prices are pretty good, but all over the place.
brisket is right around what we charge per lb $20
pork shoulders, assuming you're getting an average eight lb butt. you're probably yielding around 10lb of product. We pay just under 3/lb for boston butts. for food cost alone you're at $50 add sauce, rub, cooker time , probably should stick in the same ballpark as brisket, that's what we do, $20/lb

Now, i know this is going to get boo hoo-ed, no one will pay that. Go to an italian restaurant, pick up a menu, see how much they're charging for a tray of chicken parm, My guess, at least up here $140. A full tray should feed between 16-20 people. using my calculations of a 1/3 lb per person. that's 6 2/3lbs of pork, or rather $133. yes there is sticker shock, they're buying meat, it's expensive.

We charge $27 a rack, so you're pretty close on that, we pay 2.79 currently for trimmed st louis and right around $3 for baby backs

Chicken. you're way off. once again, follow the same pricing structure as pork and brisket. $20/lb

good luck. Catering is hard, people are hard to deal with.

Thats $$$4.41 per pound, for a 3 and down, time to find a new suplier..

It ain't an supplier issue they all cost that much here. Go in Walmart and get a rack of raw baby backs and it's will set you back $16 for one rack.

Yes, all meat prices are going up, st loise around here are 2.79 to 3,19 a pound, Baby backs are running .0 to .60 cents above the St louie, so give or take ribs are 9 dollars per rack. Luckly for me I have 3 options to buy from..Also when they have stock that they must move, due to expiration, you can pick up case deals. 2 weeks ago RD had st louies under 2 bucks..
ask the manager what he might have and they will move them aside for you. To cater or vend you must secure your meat pricing before hand, talk to the guys and set yourself up. If you have a restuaraunt you are already doing this a week ahead of time, as your case volumn really does not change that much. And when you can secure a special buy, thats what you might run a special on. If you get a smoking deal on ribs, I would have a full rack, not sliced special, take out only. This increased overall sales, as they also grabbed a pound of sides. I really dont believe in discounts but once in awhile it creates extra sales, and if you got a buy, then your margin works out. Now when you constantly pound your supplier, the deals will increase margin.
The bottom line is to talk to your suplliers, and yes wally world and other stores might be charging this, which is a great ammo for us when we have to ask 25 or 27 a rack, to tell our customers look at wally, go spend 16 bucks then spend all day making bbq that will not taste as good as what I can sell you..
also of note some pork suppliers will lock you in if you agree to a certain amount for the year.

Back