MO Blues and BBQ-Sedalia, MO 06/16-06/17

Bubba

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just wondered who all was going. We have donated are entry fee to the winners...lol... Should be a fun time my buddy Jeff is ready as well as me to try it again. We split up the meats this time he is doing brisket and ribs and me chicken and pork, need all the help i can get. Don't want to lose to him. Never here the end of it....lol... Hey hope to see you guys there

Big Creek BBQ will be there Friday morning also! Looking forward to it!

Jay, you were there last year, right? Any idea what to expect as far as the number of teams competing?

We will be there. I just sent an email to Chris asking how many teams are in but haven't heard back yet.

How about a little ($10) brethern MOFO pot - best overall finish?

MoKanMeathead said:
We will be there. I just sent an email to Chris asking how many teams are in but haven't heard back yet.

How about a little ($10) brethern MOFO pot - best overall finish?

How 'bout $5 each pot per category, highest finish takes all and $10 pot each, highest overall takes all. I'd just do highest finish but I'm scared of Team Q! :wink:

They are limiting the number of teams to 49. I think they will have no problem filling all spots. It's a real good contest.

I just received an email from Chris and he said there are 44 teams signed on so far and that he guesses that there would be 50 to 53. Maybe they decided to open it up a little bit.

If they go over 50, they have to pay KCBS an extra $ 600.00. That's why I was told that they were keeping it to 49.

We will be there friday.
How many are doing peoples choice?

Chick'n Pig BBQ said:
We will be there friday.
How many are doing peoples choice?

I missed that they're having People's Choice, Skip. What's entailed in that and did you have to sign up in advance?

It was on the application on the left hand side. If you still want to be entered you can email Chris. He will sign you up.
I do not think that we will? We did it last year.

Belly Brothers will not be there.......doing Heritage Days in Hallsville....the other two Bellys' home stomping grounds, plus we're defending champs of the overall.......

Good luck, have fun!

Keep in mind Skip that peoples choice is very time consuming and requires alot of time on Saturday when you are trying to cook. JMO

Spice

Singin' Bob: May I request White Wedding at about Midnight :twisted: Back on topic---Who all is going to be there??? Rod??? Mark??? Bubba???

Got the smoker all Mucked Out yesterday and loaded the Battle Wagon. We are ready and the weather looks to be clear and in the 90's. Good Luck and hope to see some of you Brothers this weekend.

Spice

spicewine said:
Got the smoker all Mucked Out yesterday and loaded the Battle Wagon. We are ready and the weather looks to be clear and in the 90's. Good Luck and hope to see some of you Brothers this weekend.

Spice

I've been ready pretty much since the day we got home from Platte City. We cleaned everything out, washed equipment and re-packed so we would only need to pack coolers with perishables and we're ready to roll with no time pressure this week. I need to run the California Car Duster over my smoker once and we're good to go too!

spicewine said:
Singin' Bob: May I request White Wedding at about Midnight :twisted: Back on topic---Who all is going to be there??? Rod??? Mark??? Bubba???

Since you asked so nice, I'll save my "special" rendition of White Wedding just for you at Midnight! There st of the evening I'll "sing" the regular stuff (bring your earplugs)!

Back