• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PR event

Smokin'Butts

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok guys, I am doing an event this Friday for some PR. It is a benefit where they sell tickets and have a live band and silent auction, etc...I don't pay anything, but I provide "tasting size samples for at least 300" how much pp do I need? I can figure out the catering for 300 easy, but I want to keep my cost as low as possible, but have enough to reach the maximum # of prospects.

What are you serving?
I usually do Burnt Ends for that and figure 2 oz. PP
You wanna do something cost effective as its FREE.

If people can get as many tastings as they would like I would figure it as if I were catering, especially if it is several hours. I'd hate to run out of food at an event that I was trying to get business from.

I'd count on 300 servings @ 2oz per. Means you're cookin' 70 lbs of pork to get the yield you'd need. For me, when you run out, you run out - Create a little scarcity, and have them think they missed out on something. Anyone who shows after you run out gets a business card, a slap on the back, and an "apologize you missed out, call me for catering". You'll do fine!

Thanks guys. I was thinking about 2oz each, so I will stick with that. I will not be able to sell whole sammies...too bad. Appreciate the help again!

Back