First Meatloaf...Omigawd!

HarleyDiva

Knows what a fatty is.
I have to admit, I never really thought about smoked meatloaf until I read about it here. So...last night, I threw together and meatloaf and got the Primo Kamado going at 300 degrees. My roommate thought I was nuts, as we were having a snowstorm, and it was 15 degrees, with 0 degrees wind chill. Kamado performed like a champ, and stayed between 300 and 350. I did have to keep going out and wiping the snow and ice off the Maverick...

Just threw together the meatloaf with 1# ground sirloin, 1# ground pork, handful of panko bread crumbs, 1 egg, 1/2 chopped onion, 1/2 chopped red bell pepper, some grated cheddar, A1 sauce, Montreal steak seasoning, and some mayonnaise. Glaze was Bone Suckin' BBQ sauce. Smoked with cherry chips, and 1 piece hickory, meatloaf in a foil pan.

I was totally blown away by how good it was! Totally moist, great flavor, wonderful smoke flavor. I don't think I will ever do meatloaf in the oven again!

Right off the grill:
IMG_0188_zps73189e23.jpg

After resting 15 minutes:
IMG_0190_zps82c4f09f.jpg

That looks good. I just got back from the store and picked up some ground beef and was planning to do a meatloaf tomorrow. Logged on here to check out some recipes and saw your thread. I might have to try your recipe. What temp did you cook it too and how long did it take?

Excellent! I just made my first smoked meatloaf this week too. Mine was 50/50 lamb and bison. They're freaking good. Love the look of the glaze you've got.

That looks good. I just got back from the store and picked up some ground beef and was planning to do a meatloaf tomorrow. Logged on here to check out some recipes and saw your thread. I might have to try your recipe. What temp did you cook it too and how long did it take?

Smoker went from 325 to 350 for most of the cook, then I kicked up to 400 for the last 10-15 minutes. Not sure on exact time, but it was right around 90 minutes. I pulled it when it hit 155 degrees, and then rested for 15 minutes.

Excellent! I just made my first smoked meatloaf this week too. Mine was 50/50 lamb and bison. They're freaking good. Love the look of the glaze you've got.

Glaze was nothing more than some Bone Suckin' Thick version BBQ sauce. Put it on before the meatloaf went into the smoker, and never opened the lid for the whole cook.

Home run. Great cook. If you like the crispy edges find you an old stainless cupcake/muffin tin to cook your meatloaf. Lots of crispy edges

Home run. Great cook. If you like the crispy edges find you an old stainless cupcake/muffin tin to cook your meatloaf. Lots of crispy edges

I'm definitely going to try that. Would also make it easy to freeze leftovers...although there weren't any leftovers with this one. Meatloaf sandwiches were great for lunch today....

Back