Sams Club, Harrisburg PA

"Bone to Bark" BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Is it just me or is it a little odd that Harrisburg is the only event that filled up with everyone paid up..... I'm not saying anything is fishy or anything, I just found that strange??

There's just a lot of good teams in the North East that finally got a Sam's event and they are jumping at the chance to make the most of the opportunity.

The Laurel, MD Sam's event is the same weekend as New Holland.
A LOT of the teams who were at Laurel last year, including the GC, moved to the Harrisburg event. Some of those teams are from the Virginia area.
We almost ditched Sam's for New Holland but changed our minds at the last minute.

exactly, taking away the ny contest to maine and laurel on same date as new holland bingo...

some ny teams with the ones cooking new holland equals a full harrisburg.

What I find interesting is how many contests still have spots open.

with all the spots for Sams still available elsewhere, maybe if this is still going next year they will focus a "few" in our area. NYC and its Jersey Suburbs could probably fill a Sam's event itself no problemf

with all the spots for Sams still available elsewhere, maybe if this is still going next year they will focus a "few" in our area. NYC and its Jersey Suburbs could probably fill a Sam's event itself no problemf

Medford NY took some time to fill up last year not sure they could fill Harrisburg and Medford and Maine.

What's the conspiracy you are alluding to??
I'm not really alluding to any conspiracy.... just making an observation. I guess what I found to be strange, was how everybody paid up almost immediately, and some other Sams comps will go weeks or months without all 30 teams being confirmed.

i think you will find most if not all the teams signed up for harrisburg are very serious, they did not sign up only to not pay, and forfit the spot.

this is going to be a very interesting comp!

like i said, easy recipe to fill this one, i am interested to see how long it takes to fill maine.

At a glance it looks like 25% of the field has been to the Jack. That should be a real throw down.
I hope the Laurel, MD group gets paid up soon, so I can see who we're up against.

At a glance it looks like 25% of the field has been to the Jack. That should be a real throw down.
I hope the Laurel, MD group gets paid up soon, so I can see who we're up against.
Yeah, me too... if I recall correctly, it took quite a while for Laurel to get 30 confirmed last year. Plenty of teams registered, and there was quite a long wait list, but people took forever to pay!

don't know if its a new rule but this year if not paid within 48 hrs you lose your spot the next person on the wait list gets it

don't know if its a new rule but this year if not paid within 48 hrs you lose your spot the next person on the wait list gets it

Not new, they have always done that. They do that if you advance, too.

Back