Which hog casings?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have no clue where to get good hog casings at a great price.

I see the diameters as around 32-35mm but I never see anything about how many feet you get.

I am totally clueless. But I need to get some hog casings soon to make some sausage. Does Academy Sports or another local store sell them--and are they good?

Butcher-packer.com

8oz will pack about 30lbs or so IIRC

It'll give you info on the website.

I also pick it up from my local butcher.

Butcher-packer.com

8oz will pack about 30lbs or so IIRC

It'll give you info on the website.

I also pick it up from my local butcher.

Finally a source that's only 16 cents per pound of sausage stuffed. Everything else I've seen has been 25-40 cents per pound which seems outrageous. Thanks!

EDIT: hrm the shipping.. forgot about that :( If I can buy enough things there it'd be worth it.

Finally a source that's only 16 cents per pound of sausage stuffed. Everything else I've seen has been 25-40 cents per pound which seems outrageous. Thanks!

EDIT: hrm the shipping.. forgot about that :( If I can buy enough things there it'd be worth it.

Their prices and quality are great. I picked up a variety of casings while I was at it.

Academy down here does sell them in small bags by the other sausage making supplies. I'm sure Oklahoma has plenty of deer hunters, so I would think they would have them as well.

Also any grocery who makes there own sausage will have them. They don't usually sell the casings out on display, but if they have sausages for sale in the butcher's window, they likely have hanks of hog casing packed in salt in the back that you can purchase if you talk to one of the guys behind the counter.

Yeah, my local Dave's supermarket will sell them but you have to ask.

Jeff

Shipping to me (KC area) would be $6.95 for just the casings. I picked up some vacuum bags too and shipping was $8.95 on that order.

I order from The Sausage Maker in Buffalo, NY

You can get small packs of Hog Casings for $5.99 for about 30 pounds of sausage

Or you can get the lager bulk packs. They also carry Sheep Casings, Beef Middles, Beef Bung, Synthetic Casings, And Fiborious Casings.

the sausagemaker

Back