Country Style BEEF ribs with Blackjack Sauce

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
I made some blackjack sauce last week after being motivated by the "favorite sauce" thread. Ran over to the Food Dog this afternoon to find something to put it on. I saw these and before I knew it they were in the cart. I have never cooked them before so why not. Basically long strips of chuck, and yes, I paid too much.
IMG_0003.jpg
Rubbed down with brisket rub
IMG_0004[1].jpg
Here they are after 1.5 hours on the UDS @ *300, right before I wrapped them with a little blackjack sauce in the foil
IMG_0010[1].jpg
And after another 2 hours at *275 (3.5 hours total cook time), finished with more Blackjack
IMG_0016[1].jpg
IMG_0017[1].jpg
These things were fork tender with great bark, it was all good. And the blackjack sauce is the REAL DEAL. To be honest, when I first made it I thought it had too much chile powder. But after a week in the fridge getting happy, it was perfect on the beef, I could drink it.

Thanks for looking.

Those are some tasty looking ribs. Where can I find the recipie for that sauce?

I'm away from my computer now but if you look back a week or so in a qtalk you will see a "what is your favorite sauce" thread. About a page or so in Bludawg posted the recipe. It has coffee in it so it is a little different, but it is addictive.

Worth doing again, especially especially if I can cut my own. $5 a pound is steep, I can buy steaks on sale for just a few more dollars a pound.

**UPDATE** I was in the kitchen prepping some ribs when my wife brought out her cheese slaw for a snack (Swiss cheese, jalapeño , banana pepper, green onion, mayo). The cheese slaw is an old Roanoke va catering recipe that we make almost weekly. Anyway, she had an idea to heat up the leftover beef rib and add it to the equation, and ......
View attachment image.jpg
Let me introduce you to the country style beef Rib, served on a corn chip with cheese slaw. INSANELY good

sorry, pic problem, not sure why i cant upload, i will try later.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 109
ShencoSmoke fine lookin mess of Bones Glad you like the sauce. I'll repost the recipe for all those interested,

Blackjack BBQ Sauce

A fiery red chile-spiced, coffee and tomato-based barbecue sauce.

Ingredients:

1 cup strong coffee
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups onions, chopped
4 tablespoons chopped red chile peppers
6 garlic cloves, minced

Directions:

In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine coffee, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, chopped onions, finely chopped red chile peppers, and minced garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate.

Makes about 4 cups.

Thanks Bludawg, it is a great sauce that had been promoted to my starting lineup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 33
Copied that one it comes very close to one one my favs, Pimento cheese:tongue:

You will not be disappointed. I had it for the first time about 10 years ago at a football tailgate, I remember that day just like a few other first time events in my life :grin:

Back