UDS fire basket???

StanDaMan79

Full Fledged Farker
Forgive me, I"m sure this question has been asked and answered many times...

Been slowly getting my UDS together. Burned out the barrel, but just completed my fire basket. Do I need to burn that out as well? I'm thinking there must be some kind of coating on it, but I don't know?

131001_003_zps63fc117b.jpg

Thank you, what did I do wrong? I deleted the rest of the post, as no pics showed up. I took a quick look through the stickies to see what I did wrong? I thought I read something about this when I registered, but I'm not finding it. I use PB, but realize some software requires uploading direct? Sorry for screwing this up

PB has links out to the right of an image. You want the IMG code one. You can just copy/paste that into the post form.

Thanks all!
Peeps, I just vapor locked on the pic thing, thanks for clearing that up. I was using the IMG tag, but also the little pic icon.

I burn it in when I season the barrel. If it's expanded metal that you got at a big box store it's simple cold rolled steel without any coating other than a fine oil misting from the manufacturer. We buy ours at Home Depot, it's made by Crown Bolt and the packaging even recommends using it for BBQ grates.:thumb:

Back