When to get to Royal?

Cayman1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This will be our first year in the Royal. Been as a spectator before and it is very packed. For those of you that have competed before, when should we plan to get there in order to have room to park the trailer, etc? Wed, Thur?

I have volunteered at the Royal for the past three years as an Ambassador, and will be there again this year.

There is usually room to park on Thursday, especially in the morning. It all depends on where your spot is. If you are in the North lot, D lot or across the street from North lot,
those spots are really tight and you want to get there early, like Thurs morning.

I would refer you to the Royal thread at the top part of the competition page for
a whole bunch of FAQ's.

Hope I get to see you there.

Good to know. This will be our first year at the royal also, and we are in lot D.

Cayman, you are in a good area. Will look you up :)

Lot D is laid back. But really time the walk for turn in - it is between 1/4 and 1/2 mile.
Just a nice walk when no crowds. But when there are a lot of people,
it is a hike. I will likely be in that area if assignments are like last year. Will stop by to say Hi.

Cayman you are on the corner so that makes things a little easier. We are around the corner form you 301. I get there Friday morning and have never had any problems getting in other finding who has a car parked in our space and asking them to move. Definitely plan to stop and say Hi. Keith

Thanks everyone and you all stop by. Friday night party night. My daughter is even flying in from Naperville to party with us and her KC friends.Was planning on coming up Wed., but now I think Thursday will work

Thanks everyone and you all stop by. Friday night party night. My daughter is even flying in from Naperville to party with us and her KC friends.Was planning on coming up Wed., but now I think Thursday will work

We are coming up Wednesday. See you there!

We drop the trailer Wednesday evening,work all day Thursday, and return Thursday night.
You have an hour longer drive than us so I don't know if that works for you. See you there.

We'll get in early on Thursday, and it's no big deal. We're in Lot A, spot 285 if anyone wants to say hi!

Back