Beer in a brisket wrapping liquid

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am redoing my brisket foil wrapping liquid. I have tried a few different kinds of beer added into the other ingredients I am currently using but I am not sold on the taste of it just yet. So far I have only tried Bud light and Coors light… I am thinking I need a more of a hoppy beer? Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand of beer they can give me to try or one that you may use in your personal wrapping liquid? I sure would like to keep down on cost as much as I can, sometimes BBQ experiment recipes can get a little costly. So with a few good recommendations from you all I can try them out without buying one of everything.

Thanks in Advanced

I've never added liquid to my brisket when foiling over the past several years. That's a cheap solution for ya!

Have you considered forgoing the liquid in the foil as others have suggested, and instead replacing the water in your injection mix(if you are injecting) with beer?

Just a thought.

I found it funny on Pitmasters the other night.. the one team didn't believe in injecting briskets, but when he wrapped, he spoke of the importance of liquid in the foil to impart flavor within the meat.

Have you considered forgoing the liquid in the foil as others have suggested, and instead replacing the water in your injection mix(if you are injecting) with beer?

Just a thought.

Yes I inject but also have a wrapping liquid I use in addition. My brisket has always been in the top tear and 2 one time last year. This may not be something I want to adjust into my comp brisket but I would like to try it. I have tasted a few teams briskets that use beer with their wrapping liquid and I did really enjoy the flavor it added in.
Granted it may not work in mine but I would still like to experiment with it.

I've use this brisket marinade in foil and have tried many different beers. Never really could taste difference between beers.

1/4 C rub
1/4 C mustard
1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C oil
1 C beef broth
2 TB red pepper flakes
1 TB garlic powder
1 TB onion powder
1 12 oz beer

Jeff

Drop Top amber ale.... From widmer bros brewing

If its beer your wanting to add

DROP TOP IS A RICH, FLAVORFUL AMBER ALE, WITH AN EXCEPTIONALLY SMOOTH AND EASY TASTE. UNIQUELY BREWED WITH HONEY MALT AND JUST A TOUCH OF MILK SUGAR, DROP TOP'S SILKY CHARACTER YIELDS COMPLEX FLAVORS WITHOUT A TRACE OF HARSHNESS. IT ALL ADDS UP TO A BREW THAT'S AS EASY TO APPRECIATE AS IT IS TO DRINK.

I tried a pale ale once (because that was all that was left undrank at the moment) but would not recommend that much hopps...too bitter. The stout sounds promising.

No beer here but have heard Budweiser is mighty tasty in the foil

Yes I understand I do not inject my brisket with beer, I have a nice injection I love!
This is about adding a beer to my current or modified brisket foil wrap after. This may not be something I will do long term but indeed would like to tinker with.

Back